A Future with purpose
At Arup we’re dedicated to sustainable development and to do socially useful work that has meaning. Our purpose, shared values and collaborative approach has set us apart for over 75 years, guiding how we shape a better world.
We solve the world’s most complex problems and deliver what seems impossible, with curiosity and creativity. We’re a thriving and growing organization which offers you many possibilities to shape a better world, and your future.
- Undertake 3D modelling, analytical research and calculations, design work, measurement of noise and vibration
- Assist with preparation of reports, drawings, sketches, models
- Visit project sites for inspections, measurements, commissioning, and testing
- Develop, document, and present concepts and designs using 2D and 3D drawing tools
- Interpret and apply codes and standard
- Review engineering and architectural drawings
- Participate in meetings, design reviews, and coordination sessions with clients and design teams
- Develop solutions to design issues using listening, critical thinking, application of knowledge, and visual demonstrations to clients
Is this role right for you?
We’re looking for current students who are curious and ready to evolve how you think and work. Our strength comes from how we respect, share, and connect our diverse experiences, perspectives and ideas. At Arup, you belong to an extraordinary collective – in which we encourage individuality to thrive. If you can share your knowledge and ideas and encourage others to do the same; whilst having a desire to deliver excellent services for clients – we’d like to hear from you.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in acoustics or electro acoustics OR a degree in science, architecture, engineering, music with demonstrated coursework in acoustics or related field
- Bilingual in French and English (written and oral communications) required
- Professional demeanor
- Skills in planning, prioritization, and organization
- Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, and eagerness to learn
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills for internal and external collaborators
- Candidate must be eligible to work in Canada without the need for employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future.
- Master’s Degree in acoustics or closely related field
- Minimum 3.0 GPA or higher
- Knowledge of fundamental of acoustics, fundamentals of vibration, engineering acoustics, noise control, digital signal processing, electroacoustics, human responses to acoustics and vibration
- A background/training in music practice, playing of a musical instrument can be useful
- Evidence of personal investment in academic or extracurricular field
- Acoustic and electroacoustic modeling experience: CATT, EASE, Odeon
- 3D modeling and drafting software: AutoCAD, Revit, Rhino, Sketchup
- Experience with recording, sound design, Foley, music for films, 3D sound, multimedia, interactive or generative sound design, live sound, video production, production/staging
Our team’s notable projects
- Maison Symphonique, Montreal
- Pont Champlain, Montreal
- Musique aux Enfants, Annexe de l’Ecole St-Remi, Montreal
What we offer you
Each year, Arup seeks out students from around the world for our internship/ co-op programs. We look for diverse students with inquisitive minds and the desire to challenge themselves. Our interns learn quickly, are natural problem solvers and thrive on innovation. You will work alongside talented professionals and contribute to the success of real projects. In addition to on-the-job experience, we offer learning sessions with top leadership, site visits to local projects and social events.
Flexible Working – We believe that flexible arrangements create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people. Options for remote work are available throughout the program.
We will be reviewing our candidates for this position on a rolling basis. Once you have applied you will be evaluated and potentially moved on to the next round, at which point a member of the talent resourcing team will reach out to you directly to begin the interview process. For any status updates regarding your candidacy please be sure to check your candidate portal.
Different people, shared values
Our internal employee networks support our inclusive culture – from race, ethnicity and cross-cultural working to gender, LGBTQ+ and disability – we aim to create a space for you to express yourself and make a positive difference – Discover more about life at Arup at www.arup.com/careers/your-life-at-arup.
Arup is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of national origin, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or other status protected by law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.