Full Job Description
Snapchat is a camera and messaging app that connects people to their friends and the world. Every day around the globe, millions of people use Snapchat to communicate with friends, build relationships, play, and learn. No matter where you are or how you express yourself, it’s always the fastest way to share a moment!
Snap’s Augmented Reality team invents the immersive (and fun!) camera experiences that are at the core of our products. From developing creative new Lens features for Snapchat, to supporting the continuous growth and evolution of Lens Studio (our platform for an ever-increasing community of AR creators), to designing the cutting-edge computer vision and machine learning technology that makes face transformation Lenses possible — our Augmented Reality team is working hard on their mission to bring AR to more people, places, and moments, every day.
We’re looking for an AR Engineer to join the Augmented Reality team!
What you’ll do:
- Conceptualize and design new mobile interactive experiences centered around the camera
- Own the development of new interactive experiences from prototype to product release
- Collaborate with Creative and Engineering teams to make the most fun, surprising, and stable products possible
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Fluency with 3D packages like Maya, 3ds Max, or Cinema4D
- Ability to create your own 3D assets
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience
- 3+ years of experience designing and developing real-time interactive experiences
- Expertise in designing, prototyping, and programming with real-time 3D engines (Unity, Unreal, OpenFrameworks, Processing, and WebGL/OpenGL, etc.)
- Standout creative portfolio
- Proven track record of shipping premium consumer product experiences in games, advertising, or other related channels
- A passion for creating interactive experiences that are fun, delightful, and allow Snapchatters to communicate and express themselves in new ways