Meow Wolf is a multi-disciplinary art and entertainment company based in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Our mission is to inspire creativity in people’s lives through art, exploration, and play so that imagination will transform our worlds.
Our company is also dedicated to doing business for good. As a Certified B Corporation, Meow Wolf is actively involved in corporate social responsibility initiatives to transform business as usual.
Since our founding in 2008 as an artists collective, Meow Wolf has focused on supporting artists with paid positions. Our team in Santa Fe currently consists of 300+ staff — a diverse group of artists, fabricators, designers, engineers, and producers — collaborating towards a common goal: create immersive, interactive art experiences for participants of all ages and abilities.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
Meow Wolf is proud to provide one of a kind experience to students through our internship program. To be eligible students must be enrolled in a New Mexico based college or university to apply.
This is a part-time internship with no more than 29 hours per week, and is expected to be in-person at Meow Wolf’s offices in Santa Fe. Students will be paid $18.00 per hour and be working with company leaders and experts in their field.
To be eligible, students must be enrolled in a New Mexico based college or university to apply. Students at Partner schools will be given preference, including the Institute of American Indian Arts, the University of New Mexico and Santa Fe Community College.
WHAT WE OFFER OUR INTERNS
- An hourly wage of $18.00
- Part-time flexible internship, no more than 29 hours per week
- College credit available
- A letter of recommendation upon successful completion of internship
- Support from a Meow Wolf mentor who is assigned to each student
- In field experience and specialty training
- Access to Meow Wolf senior leadership, and the opportunity to grow and learn from industry experts and company leaders
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM OUR INTERNS
- Enrolled at a New Mexico based college or university
- Enrolled in college and pursuing a degree program
- Live within commuting distance of Santa Fe for the internship time period
- Discretion. Many of our projects are still a secret
- Commitment and self-directed initiative
- Availability for the entire Internship duration from June 12 – August 18, 2023
Artistic Development & Production Intern (AD&P)
Artistic Development and Production, AD&P, is a team within Meow Wolf INC, and is comprised of artists, fabricators, designers, and technicians who collaborate on concepts, development, and production of major works of art for Meow Wolf exhibitions. We believe that good ideas can come from anywhere, and we work to empower our team members to lend their own creativity to each project we build. The Artistic Development & Production internship is an interdisciplinary, collaborative work opportunity focused around the creation of immersive art experiences, with an eye toward gaining an overall understanding of how an artistic design and production company works.
The Artistic Development & Production internship is a collaborative experience focused around the creation of engaging art and design. The AD&P intern will support the Production Managers and other AD&P Team members with day-to-day creation of prototypes, designs, and finished works of art. The AD&P Intern will also help maintain a clean, organized and functional space.
The AD&P intern will be responsible for helping execute a creative vision within the larger scope of a Meow Wolf collaborative project by being an integral member of and a creative collaborator in artistic productions. They will bring out the best in others, both creatively and culturally, as a considerate and reliable team member. The intern will gain experience in working with a collaborative team and will be comfortable working with a variety of art materials and techniques. Displaying willingness and potential to work on small teams to assist other Artists, Fabricators, and Designers on projects is key.
This position operates in a professional studio and office environment, which includes the need to use standard equipment such as powered and non-powered tools and various art making materials. The intern will comply with company and OSHA standard workplace safety protocols. The intern is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. They must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
This internship is expected to be in-person at Meow Wolf’s manufacturing facility in Santa Fe.
- Assist AD&P team members on various assigned projects.
- Project tasks may include:
- Concept ideation and research
- Planning and gathering supplies
- Material preparation
- Drawing, painting, and sculpting
- Fabrication with wood, metal, and/or plastics
- Overall assembly, including the use of fasteners and adhesives
- Maintenance and storage of work area, tools, and projects
- Work closely with AD&P Production Managers to establish short term goals and ensure efficient project development and delivery.
- Support a positive work atmosphere by demonstrating flexibility and enthusiasm for collaboration.
- Must be a graduating Senior or have only one semester left to apply for this internship.
- Demonstrated talent in artmaking and/or artistic fabrication.
- Knowledge of various artmaking tools and equipment, and the ability to use basic tools safely.
- Able to communicate ideas effectively through visuals, written word, or spoken explanations.
- Organizational skills and an ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrate exceptional reliability, punctuality, and professionalism at all times.
- Adapt to changing needs and take on new tasks when asked.
- Work well in groups and individually.
- Show a willingness to take initiative on projects or tasks.
- Experience working in or designing for guest interactive experiences such as museums, galleries, theme parks, or other immersive environments is strongly preferred.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Explore working on a professional team to develop and create immersive art experiences.
- Gain technical skills and proficiency in a wide range of new tools, techniques, and interdisciplinary communication skills.
- Build accountability, adaptability, and overall knowledge of arts & entertainment production industry practices.
- Understand the basic phases of a project lifecycle.
- Brainstorm ideas effectively and collaboratively with others, learn to set actionable goals based on brainstorms, and perform finished work on time and on budget.
JOIN MEOW WOLF
The organization is comprised of individuals who inspire creativity in people’s lives through art and exploration, so that our combined imaginations can transform the world we live in. Every role is a vital component and thereby essential in creating exhibitions that will serve as anchors, borne in deep radical collaboration with local artists and communities, thus fueling our social impact initiatives. Each hire allows us to enhance our surrounding communities and the true source of our creativity, reputation, and vitality.
Meow Wolf is committed to our DIY roots and grassroots community support principles. To document that commitment, we converted our legal designation into a Delaware Public Benefit Corporation and have certified as a B Corporation. As a B Corp, we have a triple bottom line of supporting financial, social and environmental wellbeing in our community.
Our four areas of impact are:
- Respect for Creative Communities
- Respect for Collaborating Artists
- Respect for our Environment
- Respect for our Employees
The choices we make concerning our benefits during enrollment periods are among the most important we select for ourselves and our families. As part of the total compensation package for full-time employees, Meow Wolf offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes various options to meet individual healthcare and financial needs along with many perks.
- Medical Insurance options: PPO & HSA
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance Policy & Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Voluntary Short-term Disability & Critical Illness Policies
- Company Paid Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Leave for 12 weeks
- Discount off Meow Wolf Gift Shop Merch
- Admission to Meow Wolf attractions for employees and guests
- 401k Retirement Plan
- And more benefits specific to the location of the role
Please visit www.meowwolf.com/careers for more information.
COME AS YOU ARE
Meow Wolf is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to ensuring all employees enjoy and thrive in a work environment where differences make us the vibrant, wonderful community we are! All employment decisions at Meow Wolf are based on business need, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, veteran status, service in the military or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.