There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
General Motors is advancing the embedded platform software to deliver state of the art features for vehicle infotainment systems. We are looking for software engineers with a very solid knowledge in embedded system development who are interested in applying their experience to deliver high quality software for future automotive Infotainment systems.
As a Software Engineer at GM, you will design and develop high quality software that enables industry leading digital cluster software as well amazing infotainment capabilities. You will execute software tasks spanning the entire software development lifecycle, including planning, requirements analysis, design, code, test, defect resolution, and production release. As a part of Digital Cockpit Development team, you will have the opportunity to work on state-of-the-art systems and designs. This includes real-time 3D systems and creating industry leading autonomous driving augmented reality integration.
- Leads and generates technical solutions including specifying of requirements, functional decomposition, analysis, design, development and testing for Infotainment software
- Design and develop embedded RTOS based software for automotive infotainment system
- Lead development of software system team design content and software anomaly corrections
- Maintain and enhance existing system level software components to provide a robust and efficient fundamental for application layer
- Engage in all regular software development activities such as architecture study, feature requirements review, test case reviews and so on to ensure that the team delivers high quality code on time.
- Collaborate with team members in software development activities using the Scrum/Agile development process.
- Provide, communicate, and support common standard methodologies among software community Bridge multiple subject areas, including Engineering, Information Technology, Technical Support, and Marketing, to make appropriate system-level design trade-offs and to identify, capture and refine system requirements and to identify innovation opportunities.
- Follow GM software development process where quality comes first and ensure that the designed solutions conform to architectural requirements such as scalability, maintainability, reliability, extensibility, usability and security.
Additional Job Description
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in software development lifecycle and successfully delivering commercial products to market.
- 2+ years of increasing responsibility and complexity of managing software architectures for a mobile or Infotainment systems
- Develop software using C/C++ for GM’s cluster/infotainment system using tools like Qt Creator
- Use Extensible Markup Language (XML) for visualizing, specifying, constructing and documenting the artifacts of a software-intensive system.
- Knowledge in CAN, LIN, SPI and I2C Protocols
- Create a reusable UI Modeling framework of software components and standard interfaces for development of HMI software
- Solid experience in designing and developing AUTOSAR/RTOS based application software
- Excellent programming and debugging skills with C, C++, and unit test framework
- Experience with SCM tools such as: Git, Gerrit, Parasoft, Jenkins, OpenGrok, JIRA, Eclipse IDE
- Working knowledge of Scrum/Agile software development process
- Demonstrated analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult
- Work in an agile environment with team members distributed across multiple time zones
- Understanding of core libraries, application framework, android architecture
- Sound knowledge of UI component development
- Sound understanding of HTTP/S, REST, JSON, XML etc.
- Knowledge of security is must
- Assist the Release and Validation organizations as needed
- Experience with display rendering
- Experience with 3D modeling, optimization and development experience with Altia and Epic’s Unreal Engine
- Experience with SW tools like CANoe, VehicleSpy, CANalyzer tools
- Familiar with the Global Vehicle Development Process (GVDP)
- Has delivered automotive solutions
- Has experience with the implementation of RTOS based solutions
- Experience with AUTOSAR/RTOS programming and development.
- Prior experience in embedded software development in Infotainment
- Ability to integrate and optimize complex virtualized systems incorporating Android and RTOS components.
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.