· Serve as a lead software developer and/or technology architect on large-scale, one-of-a-kind interactive installations incorporating generative art and media.
· Manage small teams of external contractors and internal software engineers.
· Contribute to best practices and software development standards.
· Develop complex real-time visual effects per motion direction and references.
· Help assess incoming project opportunities for technological feasibility, required production time & resources, and options for execution. Work with the creative and project management teams to ensure feasibility, and timeline goals are being met.
· Help provide high-level system engineering and A/V hardware spec for large-scale interactive installations, ranging from a lobby video display to a dozen interactive & content exhibits within a given space.
· Participate in and sometimes lead key team and client meetings to communicate and relay feedback, concerns, and recommendations.
· 5+ years of professional experience
· Fluency working with creative frameworks like TouchDesigner, Unreal Engine (C++ & blueprint), or front-end Web Development (WebGL, Node.js).
· Secondary skills in Notch, OpenFrameworks, Max MSP or other similar platforms are a plus.
· Expertise in large-scale interactive installations.
· Experience with software development and hardware deployment required for multiple synchronized computers, depth cameras, various sensors, projection mapping, touchscreens, media walls, etc.
· Experience with C++ and/or Python.
· Experience with generative artwork guided by data (sensor data, web api, etc).
· Enthusiasm pushing the limits of interactive environments using materials, software, and hardware in creative ways, exploring emerging technologies.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,743.00 – $140,718.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)