We come from many different places, but what unites us is our passion. At Moment Factory, each new project is a blank page awaiting the creativity and talent of our whole team, no matter the individual responsibilities, roles, or fields. Our desire to innovate, to take risks, and to learn from our mistakes and from each other is what allows us to create collective projects that go above and beyond. Today, thanks to a team of 350 creative minds, we have been able to create immersive multimedia environments for artists, museums, airports, brands, theme parks and events, as well as our signature shows. No matter the canvas – be it film, lighting, multimedia architecture, sound design, special effects, or interactive projects – the thirst for experimentation and innovation is at the core of our DNA. Our Montreal, Paris, New York, and Singapore studios are always on the hunt for curious and inspired people. Find your niche on our team of passionate employees!
The CG Supervisor is part of the creative team responsible for designing, animating, and producing animated visual content for both permanent and temporary multimedia installations. This person acts as the manager who oversees the artistic and technical quality of all assigned projects; helps to analyze the project and choose personnel; and supervises the teams involved.
YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists producers to create a project budget;
- Works in close collaboration with department directors to prepare the production strategy, with respect to the budget;
- Determines the quality of the work expected, with respect to the budget allocated;
- Evaluates the project’s technical needs, as well as the demands of the production pipeline, proposing appropriate solutions in agreement with the director and the content producers.
- Participates in the recruitment of key positions, in collaboration with the production team and HR;
- Helps recruit 3D artists and motion designers who exemplify the level of competence and experience required for certain projects;
- Prepares guidelines and instructions for team leads to follow;
- Gives clear directives to the content creation team; sets objectives; and oversees the production process, progress, and final results;
- Participates in daily meetings with the artists and their team leads to provide guidance for their work;
- Attends and/or organizes and leads team meetings;
- Informs artists and team leads about any changes or updates related to projects;
- Remains available to respond to questions from the team;
- Eliminates any potential problems occurring in tools of the pipeline, before they affect production;
- Attends and actively participates in meetings with clients.
- Helps to resolve any recurring problems;
- Has in-depth knowledge of all project phases, and is able to intervene concretely at each stage of production;
- Develops and improves procedures and tools to allow for a logical and efficient workflow;
- Remains attentive to emerging technologies within the industry and to production techniques, and determines practical applications that will improve production.
- Understands and communicates any problems within the department;
- Establishes the agenda for internal meetings and keeps thorough records of them;
- Edits any documentation necessary for formulating the pipeline;
- Maintains up-to-date documentation designed for teams and supervisors.
- DEC or BA in 3D animation or a related field;
- 10+ years of experience creating 3D visual content, including experience leading a team;
- Experience with managing several projects simultaneously (budget and casting);
- Familiarity with industry software (Maya, Nuke, After Effects, Vray, Arnold, Houdini, Cinema 4D, etc.);
- Familiarity with an asset manager like Shotgun;
- Experience with creation of visual content, both prerendered and in real time, a bonus;
- Professional functional mastery of French and English, oral as well as written.
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Good communicator;
- Inspired and inspiring creative vision;
- Motivation, independence, initiative, and adaptability;
- Passionate learner.
- Occasional work required outside of regular office hours, and occasional travel.
If you think this position is for you, we invite you to apply now. We will not be able to follow up with each candidate, so we will only contact the selected individuals. Thank you for considering a career at Moment Factory. We are looking forward to meeting you!