Meow Wolf is a social impact art project that fuels a business, and a business that fuels a social impact art project. We create immersive and interactive experiences that transport audiences into fantastic realms of story and exploration.
How you will do it…
- Develop descriptive 2D and 3D concept art, digital models and renderings for communicating with art, design and other creative teams.
- Represent other artists’ ideas in a variety of styles and methods according to the projects’ directives and/or development needs.
- Assist in live visualization during meetings and ideations converting verbal ideas into visual.
- Create detailed storyboards for a variety of animated and live action productions
- Develop detailed character sheets and undertake pre-viz for animation
- Manage multiple tasks and make solution-driven decisions in a fast-paced work environment
- Adhere to tight schedules with minimal supervision and work well under pressure.
- Collaborate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams, including Creative Directors, Artists, fellow concept artists, marketing, merchandise and operations.
- Other duties as assigned
- You bring 5+ years experience working in a creative or design environment.
- You come with 2 + years of experience 2D and 3D concept art and visualizations in a professional capacity.
- You preferably come from themed entertainment, the film industry, rendering spaces or a comic book background.
- You come with industry knowledge on materiality and production methods.
- You are well versed working with print and digital formats.
- You have the ability to stay focused under pressure, including prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- You are able to drive improvement of company graphics standards and be a self-starter.
- You come with a portfolio of professional design work that demonstrates skills and experience as a Concept Artist, as well as a keen visual aesthetic.
- You are collaborative, open-minded and come with excellent communication skills.
- You must possess an in-depth knowledge of core platforms and programs as they will be utilized on a daily basis:
- Procreate, Maya, ZBrush, Painter, or equivalent
- SketchUp or other 3D/architectural program
- Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop
- Google Suite
- Hand drawing and ability in VR and/or animation software are a plus.
- Ability to read and understand architectural plans, elevations and designing “in scale” is also preferable.
- This position is based in Santa Fe, NM.
- This is a full-time position averaging 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm MT or 10 am to 6 pm MT – occasionally requiring flexibility to work during evenings or weekends based on business needs.
- All employees will comply with company and OSHA standard workplace safety protocols. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Taking a deep dive into departmental inner workings and reviewing project goals.
- Exploring Meow Wolf Origins.
- Attending Meow Wolf’s Immersiversity
- Reviewing Meow Wolf’s purpose and corporate policies and training.
- Forward thinking and creative in your approach to problem solving with the ability to identify process improvement opportunities?
- Experienced in managing processes or projects and driving change through positive influence?
- Adept at learning new platforms?
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks while demonstrating excellent time management?
- Able to exhibit professional judgment and decision-making skills?
- Self-motivated, self-managing, adaptable to changing needs and taking on new tasks, and receptive to receiving direction?
- Patient with yourself and with others, and able to work collaboratively and thoughtfully with fellow human beings?
- Able to contribute to the overall happiness and health of the team and help keep the vibe alive?
JOIN MEOW WOLF
Meow Wolf is committed to our DIY roots and grassroots community support principles. To document that commitment, we converted our legal designation into a Delaware Public Benefit Corporation and have certified as a B Corporation. As a B Corp, we have a triple bottom line of supporting financial, social and environmental wellbeing in our community.
Our four areas of impact are:
- Respect for Creative Communities
- Respect for Collaborating Artists
- Respect for our Environment
- Respect for our Employees
COME AS YOU ARE