Coming from all walks of life, we are united by passion. Each new project is a blank page waiting for the creativity and talent of everyone, regardless of responsibilities, roles or areas of expertise. Having the desire to invent, to try, to fail in order to start over and to learn from others allows us to collectively participate in projects that are bigger than ourselves. Today, thanks to a team of 350 creative people, we have the chance to create immersive multimedia environments for artists, museums, airports, brands, theme parks and events, in addition to our signature shows. Whatever the canvas, the thirst to experiment and innovate in video, lighting, multimedia architecture, sound design, special effects and interactivity is at the heart of our DNA.
Concept writers tell impactful stories. They use words to awaken the imagination, communicate ideas and convey emotions. Creators, analysts and strategists, they shape concepts that allow people to dream, develop convincing creative strategies, and bring meaning to the overarching narrative and visitor experience.
As part of the Creative Services team, under the supervision of the Concept Writing Team Lead, you will support a broad spectrum of project initiatives, each linked to your core role of copywriting for creative concepts. You will also participate in marketing and communications initiatives as needed.
As a concept writer, you will help develop the voice of Moment Factory and share your passion for our multimedia projects with a wide audience, from prospective clients and stakeholders to press outlets and target audiences. Evaluating the many angles of a project, from a creative and strategic point of view, you will use specific, concise and engaging language to capture the essence of an experience. In this way, you will help build an essential connection between Moment Factory’s creative minds, its clients and the public.
Your meticulous writing, creativity, research skills, clear communication, and ability to listen and understand the big picture will enrich every project you work on. Passionate about creating incredible experiences, you will seek to challenge and be challenged within an ecosystem of multidisciplinary thinkers and creators. As a team player who thrives in a collaborative environment, you will support projects and processes with creative and innovative solutions.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide vital support in the creation and development of concepts for projects and pitches, including the concept’s cohesiveness and imaginative rigor;
- Generate ideas, approaches, and research;
- Generate copy during and for brainstorming sessions;
- Be prepared to present ideas to colleagues, clients, or collaborators when needed;
- Participate in shaping and telling the Moment Factory story for website, clients, and media, including but not limited to project descriptions, press releases, marketing copy, press briefings, marketing position papers, bios, and case studies;
- Write quickly, clearly and efficiently, with appropriate style and tone;
- Translate as needed.
DOES YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDE
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Literature, Media Arts, Film, Art History, Performing Arts, Translation, or other relevant discipline;
- Proficiency in English (spoken) and demonstrated excellence in writing of English;
- Experience with translation, an asset;
- 2 to 4 years of relevant experience;
- Relevant experience in multimedia environments, events, staging, journalism, web (multidisciplinary), film, television and postproduction, or other relevant creative fields, an asset;
- Demonstrated abilities in digital tools.
- Inspired and inspiring creativity;
- Curiosity and permanent watch on what is happening in the entertainment and media industry;
- Works well in a team environment, with multiple points of view and many moving parts;
- Competency in multitasking and managing various priorities and deadlines;
- Thinker who can synthesize an idea to its simplest form;
- A wide aesthetic and cultural range that can address anything from rock shows to museums to family entertainment;
- An instinct to pitch in and fill in the blanks;
- Reliable, autonomous, team player.
At Moment Factory, we work hard because we believe in the potential of bringing people together to experience emotions, create connections and memories. To create these memorable moments, we encourage the collaborative work of multidisciplinary talents, all united by the same passion. It is the meeting of all this diverse knowledge that creates sparks. That’s why we’re looking for inspired and inspiring people who are curious to learn, share and reinvent themselves.
If you think you’re a good fit for this position, we invite you to apply now. We are not able to follow up with every candidate, so only those selected will be contacted. Thank you for considering a career at Moment Factory. We look forward to meeting you!