Looking for a competent and creative coder with strong collaborative skills working with cross-functional teams. The creative coder uses code as a medium to produce beautiful visual art and design. We need designers who consider business objectives, user needs, and experience principles, to understand and influence design decisions. We love people with a deep understanding of mobile interface design, who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty with experience prototyping, design and iteration with users. Above all, we value experienced, self-aware and self-directed individuals, capable of being amazing team players, across design, engineering, and research.
Focused on using behavioral insights to inform how to develop new opportunities for products and improve engagement on existing product lines. We are looking for self-starters who can contribute as part of small focused teams to uncover better approaches to deliver on unmet needs.
You will be an individual contributor working on the visual aesthetics across initial interface concepts and existing product lines.
You will be responsible for:
- Create stunning and functional interactive visual designs or generative art for mobile devices.
- Review existing and competitive Interfaces to uncover and evaluate best practices and novel opportunities for design and development to improve customer experience.
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into future review process to build internal and external consensus for proposed design direction enhancing user satisfaction.
- Identify new user experience opportunities and Jobs-to-be-done and develop engaging user flows and approaches for new product concepts.
Necessary Skills and Requirements:
- A portfolio demonstrating graphics and interactive designs that may include, computer vision related projects, data visualization, aesthetics driven interface design or installations, is required.
- Is experimenting in the field of creative coding with generative art focus for 7-9 years (personal portfolios welcome)
- 6 – 8 years of industry experience in design and development of interface of mobile phone apps, services or equivalent mobile media device is required.
- Experienced in preparing professional presentation materials.
- Understanding of UI related software architecture.
- Working knowledge and skills in Usability Engineering.
- Must demonstrate creative innovative approach to design.
- Knowledge in using tools and libraries such as Open GL Shading Language, Cinder, TouchDesigner, OpenFrameworks, Unreal Engine, Blender, Unity
- Strong time management skills with ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Looking for hybrid background (design & development) – great understanding of product development and interface design (AR); not just mobile interface (looking for design experience on a product OS level, not just mobile)
- Need very strong b/g in designing digital products – must be able to prototype experience and demonstrate how those products would come to life!
- Building experience prototypes on large scale; comfortable w/ quickly building code (not looking for full-stack developer). Need experience on OS level – API coordination; working w/ interface layers
- Seeking candidates that can demonstrate across diff. projects – able to identify a need/opportunity & product solutions that can deliver on that (can be from diff industry areas); looking for level of critical thought & quality and refinement of design to bring to prototype – to define that product.
- Need candidates that think about product and product opportunities, and use code to design that experience. High quality design around interface!
- Seeking individuals that have worked as part of cross-functional team (this is very important); worked in physical implementation – to create digital interface on new products.
- Must be able to work cross-functionally w/ designers, researchers, and creative technologists (can be assigned a mixture of tasks, depending on team scope)
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Media Arts, Graphic Design, Computer Graphics, Computer Science, or closely related field.