Job Title: Creative Designer
Location: Portsmouth Broad Oak. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role.
Salary: £29,750 – £39,660
What you’ll be doing:
- Identifying and developing innovative creative ideas and content in support of Business Winning activities, in particular the development of digital media (animations, video and interactive content)
- Preparing proposal material in various specialist formats to the requirements of the Bid/Proposal Manager
- Planning production schedules for the various steps in the design process; analyses and projects development costs
- Ensuring that specialist skills are kept up to date, learning new techniques keeping abreast of technological advances
- Providing technical advice and guidance, and serves as liaison with production personnel, authors, publishers, customers, and/or printing representatives on design and technical graphics issues
- Supporting the full lifecycle of any project up to and including the final delivery and installation of any externally supplied collateral
- Using experience and best practice seeks out appropriate photographic subjects and location opportunities to meet customer requirements
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree Level or equivalent experience in digital/3D modelling/animation and interactive
- Strong IT skills, particularly using industry standard creative software, in particular Premiere pro, After Effects, Blender, 3DS Max, HTML5, Photoshop, Powerpoint and Word
- Ability and experience in photography, videography and the related equipment
- Experience in managing small creative delivery projects
- Knowledge and experience with Indesign and illustrator
- Knowledge of Unity
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Creative Media team:
Creative Media are a small team of talented designers, focussed on producing innovative graphical content to support the sale of BAE Systems’ products and capabilities. Every day brings a new challenging project and designers can be working on anything from an immersive, interactive experience for an exhibition, or producing a video illustrating a complex battlespace scenario, right through to a simple press release for a product launch. It’s the variety of the projects and the team collaboration that makes this a great place to work.
As a Creative Designer, you will be responsible for providing and producing innovative ideas and content in support of Business Winning activities, in particular the development of digital media, (models, animations, video and interactive content) for winning proposals, marketing material and customer presentations. In addition, you will also provide support to the business unit, including communications and events
This role will provide you with the opportunity to work with our internal customers to define requirements, develop graphic directions, concepts, and deliver cost effective solutions.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
Closing Date 20th November 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.