We Are Envoy
Leviathan is looking for a Senior Creative Software Engineer to join our team. Leviathan (www.lvthn.com), a subsidiary of Envoy (www.weareenvoy.com), is a Chicago-based design agency that transforms distinct environments into exceptional experiences. Through the blend of artful content, digital technology and physical space, we design destinations that engage audiences, change perceptions and create transactions for bold brands and entertainment properties worldwide. A qualified Creative Software Engineer candidate will excel in the face of creative and technical challenges, and maximize the definition of possible, collaborating on everything from corporate workplace installations, to theme park attractions, to live events and art installations.
You will report to the Director of Creative Technology.
- Be a lead software developer and technology architect on large-scale, one-of-a-kind interactive installations incorporating generative art and media.
- Contribute to best practices and software development standards.
- Develop complex real-time visual effects per motion direction and references
- Help assess incoming project opportunities for technological feasibility, required production time and resources, and options for execution. Work with the creative and project management teams to ensure feasibility, and timeline goals are met.
- Help provide high-level system engineering and A/V hardware spec for large-scale interactive installations, ranging from a lobby video display to a dozen interactive & content exhibits within a given space.
- Participate in and sometimes lead essential team and client meetings to communicate and relay feedback, concerns, and recommendations.
- Travel on-site to oversee hardware installation and deploy software.
- 4+ years of professional experience
- Expert in TouchDesigner and Unreal Engine; Secondary skills in Notch, OpenFrameworks, Max MSP or other similar platforms
- Expert in large-scale interactive installations. Comfortable with software development and hardware deployment required for multiple synchronized computers, depth cameras, various sensors, projection mapping, touchscreens, media walls, etc.
- Experience with C++ and Python
- Experience with generative artwork guided by data (sensor data, web api, etc.)
- Comfortable with 3D rendering and GPU technologies (OpenGL, DirectX, GLSL & similar shaders, etc.)
- Excited about pushing the limits of interactive environments using materials, software, and hardware in creative ways, exploring new technologies
- Working knowledge of web technologies
- Local to Chicago area (may consider remote options in special cases)
Envoy offers a great compensation package, 100% employer-paid health and dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
Built to build what’s next.
We build brands, create experiences, launch products and help leaders navigate change across the whole human experience. We combine expertise in strategy, design and technology across our 3 consultancies to create a more connected future for our partners.
We’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce. Diversity, equity and inclusiveness are paramount throughout our culture, principles and practices. By ensuring that every Envoy person is able to bring a diverse set of talents, experiences and world views to our work, we’re truly living out our mission and purpose.
At Envoy, we prioritize making people feel like they can bring their whole selves to work every day (this includes applicants, too). Feel free to share your pronouns and how you’d like to be addressed: she/her, they/them, he/him, ze/zir, etc.
We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Envoy, where we can be better together.
Envoy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.