Daily Tous Les Jours
About Daily tous les jours
Daily tous les jours is an Art and Design studio based in Montreal co-founded by Mouna Andraos and Melissa Mongiat in 2010. Daily leads an emergent field of practice combining technology, storytelling, performance and placemaking to reinvent living together in the 21st century. Over the past 10 years, Daily has created large scale public artworks for more than 40 cities around the world and earned numerous international recognitions in the fields of urban innovation, design and public art.
The studio earned numerous international recognitions, notably the Grand Prize at the UNESCO Shenzhen Design Awards, a Knight Cities Challenge Award for Civic Innovation, a Fast Company Innovation by Design Award, and an Americans for the Arts Public Art Network Award.
Daily tous les jours is looking for a creative technologist to join our team in a full-time position. We are looking for someone who is interested in new media, physical computing, electronics and mobile technologies. This person must have strong research skills, be a creative problem-solver, with a good design sense and strong attention to details.
- Develop, plan and produce full technical solutions for projects;
- Contribute to the conceptual development of projects.
- Has taken a technical project through all stages, from the specifications to its development, and from employment to maintenance;
- Can play well with the following programming environments: Processing, MaxMSP, openFrameworks;
- Has experience creating data-driven visualizations;
- Able to R&D new technologies;
- Has experience with physical computing (sensors, LEDs, Arduino, ..);
- Comfortable with most things web (node, php, mysql, mongodb, html5, webaudio, …);
- Has network administration knowledge.
The person we are looking for…
- likes to Git;
- loves to learn and expand their skills;
- is autonomous, self-driven yet collaborative;
- can solve problems;
- is organized and meticulous;
- is a super gifted junior, intermediate or senior.
What we can offer you:
- A full-time position;
- A competitive salary based on experience;
- A group benefits plan after the probation period;
- A creative studio space in the heart of Mile-End;
- A flexible work environment.
Daily tous les jours is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
We encourage women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, members of visible and ethnic minorities to apply.
DEADLINE TO APPLY : Friday, January 7th, 2022
Send us your CV and cover letter now!
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those we wish to interview will be contacted.