Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. As a member of Apple’s Interactive Team, the Creative Technologist is responsible for driving innovation that enhances and enlivens the marketing of Apple’s products and services. This role requires collaboration with the design, UX, motion graphics, film/video, 3D, and development groups across Apple’s Marcom group, and will be an important part of the studio’s creative efforts for apple.com (http://apple.com) and internal tools. We’re working on exciting projects, and we encourage you to apply! We believe joining the team would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most dedicated and creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your experience, along with providing extraordinary support to the group.
- Effective communicator who can work closely with multidisciplinary teams including Art Directors, UX designers, developers, and motion graphics artists.
- Ability to craft and communicate thoughtful user experiences that are tailored for the best web experience across devices.
- Excellent organizational, time management and multitasking capabilities.
- Resourcefulness, ability to learn and exceptional creative problem solving skills, excelling at collaboration with other subject matter experts to deliver the highest quality work within the constraints of the medium.
- Strong interest in exploring and learning new technologies, and unafraid to be out of your comfort zone.
- Experience optimizing and troubleshooting the performance of web experiences on the latest browsers, especially Safari.
Scope of Duties and Responsibilities include, but will not be limited to: – Developing interactive prototypes in order to conceptualize and develop innovative approaches for Apple marketing initiatives. – Overseeing the implementation of ideas to ensure pixel-perfect implementation of designs. – Research and develop new ideas using innovative technologies and techniques.
Education & Experience
A collection of relevant work demonstrating the desired abilities preferred, or BS/MS in Graphic Design/Computer Science/Media Arts or similar.
- Ideally, a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in creative/R&D/agency environments.
- Experience with the following is NOT required at all, but basic knowledge of/experience with the following would be considered a plus:
- Deploying and optimizing 3D assets on the web (AR Quick Look, WebGL, etc.) or equivalent such as for real time 3D gaming.
- Adobe Creative Suite.
- Motion graphics and 3D software (AfterEffects, Maya) skills.
- 3D modeling, materials and texturing, lighting, rigging and animation.
- Unity/Unreal and AR/VR development.
- Computer Graphics (OpenGL/WebGL/Metal) and writing shaders.