As a member of the Digital Experience team , your role as a Senior Creative Technologist is to help envision, scope, and implement digital e xperience opportunities that bridge the gap between the physical and digital world. You will leverage a variety of platforms and technologies to identify and define user experiences, simulate experiences within virtual environments, and prototype and implement various installations. You are curious about all types of technology and appreciate how it contributes to a larger experience.
You provide creative technical solutions and process leadership to multiple d evelopment teams through all project phases .
You understand software best practices and are knowledgeable in front-end frameworks and design patterns. These skills allow you to bootstrap a proof of concept with minimal effort. Your experience enables you to ship code that is reliable and maintainable. You will collaborate with digital designers, design managers, architects, interior designers and experience strategists to identify opportunities and provide insights on emerging technologies. You are adept at managing your time as well as others in the Creative Technology discipline. You regularly estimat e efforts , meet deadlines, and are comfortable working on more than one project simultaneously.
You deliver from idea to implementation and know the go-to resources to handle large and specialized projects. You understand visual design, but are a developer at heart. Github and Node.js are second nature and you know when and why to choose Three.js, Pixi, Unity, Unreal, Angular, Touch Designer, Processing, and dozens of other frameworks. You are excited to make stuff in code and share with others.
You are excited about working in non-traditional display technology form factors and resolutions and can collaborate with Hardware Technologists and AV consultants and integrators . You are knowledgeable with back -end frameworks and creating experiences that last.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with clients, design teams and other technologists on projects across multiple industries
- Provide technology inspiration, thought leadership in application of technology in design, and innovative in solution approach
- Translate user needs into visual concepts using a variety of visualization tools
- Identify, research, and recommend technology solutions, specifications, and requirements
- Develop for the needs of the clients and end users, understanding the balance between the two
- Write well designed, testable, efficient markup and code
- Create and maintain project documentation
- Collaborate with external technology and solution vendors , knowing when to question solutions to arrive at the appropriate one for our clients
- Adapt to skills and knowledge to various projects and platforms
- Minimum of 8 years of related work experience
- Fluency conveying technical concepts and solutions to non-technical audiences
- Work exceptionally well with designers to translate design vision into a technical plan
- Embrace the importance of data and its role in personalizing experiences
- Master of sensor and input knowledge, back-end integrations, front-end development, testing, production and development of content management tools.
- Direct experience integrating digital and technology as a component of physical space design and experience environments
- In-depth understanding of presentation layer technologies and systems
- Experience in the data exchange between application layers via XML and JSON
- Experience with 2D and 3D asset generation and interaction with Revit models.
- Experience with Heroku and Node – Java, Ruby, Python, PHP, Go, Scala and Clojure a plus.
- Experience working with creative coding frameworks or game engines, such as Unreal Engine, Unity, Touch Designer, OpenFrameworks , Cinder, Processing or THREE.js
- Experience integrating third-party APIs (Google, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.)
- Exceptional critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work to schedule, provide work effort estimates, technical documentation, and code as well as to collaborate on overall project scope definition
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn quickly, and understand diverse technologies and techniques
- Experience working with large video canvases , non-traditional form factors and resolutions , and shared VR experiences a plus
- Desire to employ best design and technology practices and to develop new bold ideas
- Must provide a portfolio in either PDF form or a link to a website portfolio , Github , or code samples
Life at Gensler
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership and twice annual bonus opportunities.