Remote, work from home position, but does require periodic work within the Owatonna, MN facility; therefore, candidates must reside within in reasonable commutable distance to the facility.
Wenger Corporation is a privately-held, leading manufacturer of high-quality music education, performing arts and athletic products. As an innovator, Wenger Corporation knows that great ideas can come from the fresh perspective of a new employee. So we embrace the unique skills and expertise you bring to the table. We skip the micro-management and bureaucracy found in many organizations, and we create an environment of trust and autonomy that gives you the freedom to make decisions, use your talents and make your mark. A company that lets you do what you do best and gives you the freedom to get even better. Thats Wenger Corporation.
The Creative Technologist is a new position focusing on the intersection of digital and hardware products. You will serve as the liaison between our product management and engineering teams as well as coordinate with third party vendors. Support the teams projects by providing technical guidance, in-depth peer reviews, design oversight and contribute to product-focused team meetings. Lead/participate in the concept and creation of UI/UX, coding and hardware designs that meet the technical requirements, and schedule criteria required.
This job might be for you if:
- Degree in computer science or other related field
- 4+ years of relevant technical experience including UI/UX development
- A strong understanding of software design and front-end development methodologies
- Competence in the following: C++, Qt, Python, Git Repositories
- Proven competency in scrum and agile project management
- An understanding of Audio and Video communication protocols and codecs
- An understanding of Client/Server communication architectures and technologies
- An understanding of P2P communication architectures and technologies
- An understanding of how software and hardware work together to create a seamless product
It’d be great if you also have:
- An understanding of cloud server technology
- An understanding of the importance of security in a consumer software platform
- Experience with audio hardware and/or software
- Appreciation for music and how it can bring people together
What you will do on a typical day:
- Serve as technical liaison between product development and software development
- Understand customer needs and become the champion for user needs to provide an exceptional experience
- Develop information technology solutions for digital product development.
- Collaborate with production, IT, engineering, and production to ensure successful project execution.
- Understand and manage the risks and challenges associate with software and electronics hardware development and assist in developing plan for execution
- Work with development team and use code to express design intent
- Help translate the vision/goals of the project to the creative and engineering team
- Facilitate the development of user oriented, intuitive, and robust software that powers human connection
Benefit offerings include:
- Paid Time Off
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Profit Sharing
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Spending Accounts HSA, FSA, DCFSA
- Company Paid Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Employee Assistance Program
Put your passion to work in an exciting, rewarding industry that inspires innovation today!
Wenger Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
All Qualified Candidates are Encouraged to Apply