Mediahub is one of the hottest and fastest growing media shops in the U.S. We’ve been honored as Ad Age’s Media Agency of the Year, a Leader in Forrester’s first-ever wave of major media shops, and Adweek’s U.S. Media Agency of the Year.
Mediahub. We’re not so big that we’re slow but we’re big enough to have a world class special ops creative team that calls itself the R+D Lab where we pay people with particular talents to break things. Expectations, barriers, boundaries, news cycles, and products shatter in service of deeply loved brands obsessed with finding new ways to connect with current and future fans.
We’re currently seeking a uniquely driven individual to join the R+D Lab as a media hacker. We don’t mean “hacker” in the buzzword sense. We’re seriously looking for an experienced developer who is unsatisfied by just working on the code for other people’s ideas. We’re looking for somebody who loves finding ways to break things, build things, connect things in new ways, and find absurd uses for things that may have been around forever.
You’ll be happy you joined us if you feel like the following traits reflect your own professional aspirations:
Every creative challenge we face as a team has a unique solution, timeline, budget, and risk tolerance. We rarely have time to make things perfect and that’s okay because our work output is conversation-driving ideas, not bulletproof corporate IT solutions.
You’ll be the MVP of MVP’s and see this role as not just a gig where you can ship some cool things, but also as a vehicle to feed your obsession for what’s next and near-impossible.
You’ll be briefed on projects at the same time as everyone else and be expected to contribute to creative ideas from your professional areas of expertise and personal passions. Ideas can be everything from a new front-end web tactic to an AI controlled kaiju (we may have some issues with our legal team on that one, but you get the idea).
- 2+ years experience building web sites and highly engaging digital experiences in a fast-paced, creative work environment
- Expert-level knowledge in hand-coding HTML5 pages from the ground up.
- Experience working with and integrating CSS frameworks (e.g. HTML5BP, Bootstrap, Foundation)
- Expert knowledge of CSS3 and media query implementation.
- Working knowledge of WordPress, ExpressionEngine, or other similar LAMP CMSs
- Experience working with Subversion and/or Git
- Proven experience in modern web development approaches like Mobile First and Responsive Web Design
- Strong sense of design – you may not be a master with the major graphic tools like Photoshop or Illustrator, but you have an eye for what looks and feels good
- Experience brainstorming concepts and collaborating with cross-functional creative teams
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Work is regularly performed in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org – please include your location in the subject line of your email (BOS, NY, LA, WNS)
Mediahub is an EEO/AA M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.
Mediahub participates in E-Verify.
To apply for this job, visit this link: