The Digital Experience Design (DXD) group is positioned at the intersection of physical and digital design and is focused on creating immersive, connected, and intelligent experiences for the built environment. Our teams are located across the globe and comprised of seasoned multi-disciplinary individuals. While our backgrounds are diverse, we have a common passion and commitment to creating human-centered solutions that improve the world around us.
As a Senior Creative Technologist, Software in the Production Services studio, you will work across the Production Services team’s endeavors, contributing primarily to the production of new digital experiences as well as participating in the support and sustainment needs of existing experiences.
What You Will Do
You will collaborate with other developers, designers, and strategists from DXD in the creation of creatively-driven, bespoke, permanent digital experiences in the built environment. Your work will include technical research and synthesis, technical validation of design concepts, software architecture, technical prototyping, production development, and sustainment/support.
- Play a leadership role in the research, design, and planning of system architecture
- Design, develop, and implement software for ambient experiences and interactive installations
- Advise colleagues on budgetary and technical feasibility during concepting and design processes
- Participate in the creation of production plans, budgets, and schedules
- Participate in the sustainment and support of software that powers existing digital experiences created by DXD
- 8+ years’ experience in creating high-caliber digital experiences
- Backend Software Proficiency:
- Frontend Software Proficiency:
- Frontend Software Familiarity:
- Unity / Unreal
- Strong troubleshooting & debugging skills with a practical understanding of integrated systems
- Experience developing with Content Management Systems.
- Experience developing with and creating GraphQL and/or REST APIs.
- A working understanding of modern networks, audio, visual and computer systems. I.e., Crestron, Cabling, OSX/Linux/Windows, Dante, BIOS/OS configuration, etc
- Ability to read, understand and update physical and logical system diagrams.
- A working understanding of physical computing elements such as sensors or custom input devices
- A working understanding of modern software development tools and best practices such as command-line tools (bash, SSH, powershell) GIT, and Github
You are a passionate self-starter comfortable working independently or with a group. You can integrate and communicate fluidly with colleagues and clients, and are capable of communicating technical information to non-technical people. You’re a technologist that is organized, writes clean, concise, well-documented code, and can work on multiple projects concurrently, who is also comfortable diving into an established code base. You are capable of overseeing the work of other technologists/developers and enthusiastic about being a key part of a small but mighty team.
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our people’s diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership, and twice-annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the bases of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability you may contact us here. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues.