BUCK is a talent-driven, global creative company with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Sydney and Amsterdam. Since 2004 we have been building a home for the world’s most talented dreamers, makers, and doers in a collaborative, ego-free culture that breeds partnership and creative ambition. At our core, we exist to find creative opportunities in every challenge, not just to think, but to make, and ultimately put extraordinary things into the world that inspire people.
BUCK is a design-driven production company. We are an integrated collective of designers, artists, and storytellers, who believe in the power of collaboration—the special alchemy that only happens when working together toward a common purpose. From offices in Los Angeles, New York, Amsterdam and Sydney, BUCK works with a broad range of clients in the advertising, broadcast, film, and entertainment industries. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. This attitude is reflected in our workplace, where we strive daily to create an environment that breeds a culture of excellence while remaining fun, collaborative, and ego-free.
You are an exceptional and proven engineering leader who can build infrastructure for creating next-generation client and public-facing interactive experiences with sensitivity to ambitious creative and quality output. You will create solutions for technologically complex projects. You will be the voice of reason and provide technological thought leadership across departments and clients. You’ll be regularly interfacing with Creative, 3D, Design and Animation leads and you’ll need to be comfortable solving problems with them. At the same time, you’ll be the rock for all Creative Directors, Interaction Designers, Producers and clients to imagine and design cutting edge experiences and stories using the latest developments in software and hardware. You thrive under pressure and can balance high risk taking with solutions for innovative and ‘never been done before’ type projects. You’re happy to R&D independently but will adapt these learnings for teammates, and value the success and growth of the team above all.
- Leading a blended team of designers, animators, developers, other tech artists, and working together with the Creative Directors to define a production roadmap
- Play a critical role in shaping the technical vision and practices for the Creative Technology, Experiential and Spatial opportunities
- Define and refine best practices for an evolving and boundary-pushing team.
- Ensure technical documentation is completed for all projects and guide other members of the team in continuing this practice
- Nurture a culture of experimentation, on both commercial and non-commercial projects. Proactively come up with ideas for new workflows, plugins, etc.
- Contribute towards winning new projects by developing creative technology solutions and proposals in response to client briefs, in keeping with project goals, timings and budget.
- Clearly communicate complex solutions and challenges in an easy to understand way, to both technical and non-technical team members and clients
- Assist with mentorship and career development for teammates to help meet department goals
- 10+ years of professional software engineering for interactive experiences required
- Self-starter and an ability to work on multiple projects in multiple time zones and prioritize tasks for each in an agile manner
- An understanding of good user experience and how to implement best practices into interactive projects
- Working knowledge of prototyping and building large interactive environments, synchronized visual effects, and particle systems
- You have significant experience leading teams of developers across a wide range of digital projects
- Experience building highly polished browser-based web experiences across mobile and desktop, leveraging common web frameworks such as ThreeJS.
- Experience with mobile app development and deployment to Android and iOS.
- Deep experience of either or a combination of C, C++, C# and mastered game engines like Unity and/or Unreal
- Experience leveraging AI & Machine Learning for tooling and artistic purposes.
- Experience with Virtual Production workflows including Unreal, Disguise, LED stages and live tracking softwares
- Outstanding communication and written skills
- Experience in DCC Tools Maya, Houdini, C4D, vfx workflows, maintaining a solid knowledge of pipeline tasks; rigging, modeling, animation and various shader languages
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Apply anyway!