A great experience starts with you!
Join our team to help create and develop the future of live entertainment and sports in Orange County!
Once you’ve had a chance to explore our current open positions, apply to the ones you feel best suit you, as an applicant, you can always see your application status in your profile.
Director, Experience Strategy & Design
The annual base salary range for this position in California is $144,880 to $177,076 per year. The starting pay for the successful candidate depends on various job-related factors, including but not limited to the candidate’s geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, education/training, internal value, peer equity, external market demands, and organizational considerations.
ocV!BE Sports & Entertainment, LLC
Remote Office (California)
ocV!BE Digital Experience Design (DxD) is an embedded creative technology team that helps radically transform places into futuristic experiences with integrity and resonance, and we’re looking for a Director of Experience Strategy & Design
This role is for someone who can provide strong digital thinking to multidisciplinary teams focused on developing experiences and content for mobile apps, websites, and immersive experiences across live entertainment, sports, retail, food and beverage, and real estate. It would be a great fit for a divergent thinker who thrives in tackling complex challenges and creating structure and organization for big initiatives. If this sounds like you and you are interested in forging the future of experiences in a smart city context, this role has your name on it.
You may ask yourself, what is ocV!BE?
ocV!BE is a Home in Anaheim for Vibrant Community and an Ecosystem for Creative Exchange
- Celebrating the diversity of Orange County, ocV!BE will be a one-of-a-kind, mixed-use, master-planned community and entertainment destination that allows residents and guests to create their own experience while offering something for everyone
- It is thoughtfully designed and curated to enjoy the best of sports, entertainment, food, hospitality, hybrid and collaborative office, residential, and inclusive public spaces—all connected with an emphasis on walkability and wellness
- ocV!BE will be a new kind of micro-city, leveraging technology specifically to connect people to community, culture, nature, and purposeful living
- We are building a home for an effortless and inclusive community where every person is able to live, work & play with creativity and purpose right in the heart of Orange County
- This will be a community built to exemplify what human-first experience looks like in a new district that brings together visionaries and people from all walks of life, surrounded and supported by innovative technology
The Team & The Work >
As the Director of Experience Strategy & Design, you would work closely with the Executive Creative Director, Account teams, Leadership, and Project Management teams to:
- Build workshops that help uncover opportunities for how we might engage audiences in the physical world in the ocV!BE District and beyond
- Contribute digital and content strategy to projects arising out of the ocV!BE District
- Develop strategies for experience and interaction such as user journeys, guiding narratives, and audience understanding
- Concept and deliver big ideas, creative concepts, and bold, transformative visions for platforms, spaces, and experiences
- Drive projects that leverage leading-edge technology in the creation of entirely novel experiences for many different types of audiences
You would also work with Developers and Creatives—from Animators, UX, 3D Designers, and Creative Technologists to Backend Developers and Architects—to help guide project visions to reality by:
- Providing guidance and a soundboard for decisions and tradeoffs during the execution phase of a project
- Putting together strategies for content organization and the delivery of storytelling
- Creating thoughtful advice and recommendations for interaction types and occasions
Skills > This role requires
- 5-10 years of experience in a digital marketing strategy or brand strategy role
- A deep understanding of digital strategy as it relates to web and mobile applications
- An understanding of best practices related to user experience (UX) and customer experience (CX) design
- An understanding of experiential design and digital installations
- An ability to think big picture and distill it down into actionable pieces
- An ability to serve as the digital expert on multidisciplinary teams (e.g., Account, Creative, UX, Technology, Media)
- Creativity and insightfulness with a deep understanding of the creative process
- Ability to identify areas for strategic creative growth and opportunities for creative impact
- Strong knowledge of (and passion for) current and emerging digital trends, channels, platforms, and technologies
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong understanding of brand strategy and strategic frameworks and how to weave these through digital strategy
Culture & Fit > This role is a great fit for anyone who
- Can leverage thoughtful inquiry to develop brave ideas
- Is ready to regularly build something that’s never been done before
- Is comfortable with ambiguity and willing to collaborate through the process to find solutions that envision beautiful and generous experiences for audiences everywhere
- Believes in a human-centered approach to experience and brand narrative
- Wants to bring their whole unique and individual selves to work each day and collaborate alongside others who do the same
- Is comfortable taking and running with a big hairy problem individually before coming back to the group to develop ideas further
- Will help to ensure that ideals such as accessibility, equity, and uplifting the human spirit through creativity are reflected in the work each day
The Nitty Gritty on working with us
We are a small and diverse team that is scaling quickly to service the creation and experiential support of the ocV!BE smart district in Anaheim. ocV!BE is a living laboratory focused on entertainment, sustainability, wellness, and community. You’ll be working alongside creative technologists, strategists, 3D artists, developers, and others to inform the digital ecosystem that will support everything from live immersive events to chef incubators and more. You will have the opportunity to work on high-impact media experiences that will be viewed by millions of district visitors and shape the future of what smart cities can be. This is a full-time, full benefits role with an opportunity to be either remote or in-person in Anaheim on-site at ocV!BE.
What is ocV!BE?
ocV!BE, the premier mixed-use community and live entertainment district, is coming to Anaheim in 2024! ocV!BE will provide a live, work, and play community of a scale not seen in Orange County before, with live entertainment events and activities year-round.
ocV!BE is an endeavor of the Samueli Family, the owner of the Anaheim Ducks and the longtime manager of Honda Center. This $3 billion, 95-acre, mixed-use community will surround its anchor, Honda Center, with new live entertainment venues, dining and retail offerings, and public amenities. From intimate clubs to a new 6K-capacity concert venue, ocV!BE will provide a full range of entertainment, activating the District daily for the enjoyment of its guests. Once built, our overall goal for District attendance will exceed 8M patrons per year!
The proposed 95-acre, mixed-use ocV!BE development will feature:
- A sustainable community emphasizing walkability, health and wellness, and lifestyle amenities
- A new 5,700-capacity concert venue
- Uniquely themed and intimate clubs
- 1.1+ million square feet of office space, including a new 325,000-square foot office tower
- 1,500 residential units, including a commitment of 15% affordable housing units
- 20 acres of public open space, including 4 unique plazas
- 10 acres of publicly accessible parks, including a more than 4-acre park focused on wellness and nature and a 5-acre riverfront park with the ability to host seasonal outdoor concerts and events
- 30+ restaurant concepts, including a food hall with diverse offerings and multiple standalone restaurants
- Two hotels, consisting of 550 rooms total, thematically aligned with the energy of the District
- 8,000+ parking spaces among several structures, new roads, and increased capacity to enhance ingress/egress
- 10,000 new construction jobs and 3,000 permanent jobs upon completion
As we continue to expand and diversify our portfolio with the development of the ocV!BE project, it becomes increasingly important to have experienced, senior-level subject matter experts to help lead this exciting effort. Reporting directly to the Vice President & Executive Creative Director, the Director of Experience Strategy and Design will assist in the build-out of the department, including the establishment of systems, setting up group-wide processes and governance, determining the culture, and implementing technologies to support the efficiency and effectiveness of ocV!BE DxD functions and other key activities essential to building a nimble, smart, collaborative, and highly effective team.
Please note that this position is required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. “Fully vaccinated” means that the applicant can provide acceptable proof that the applicant has received, at least fourteen (14) days prior to the applicant’s start date, either the final dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine, or a single dose of a one-dose COVID-19 vaccine. Vaccines must be authorized and/or approved by the FDA. Applicants needing an exemption to this requirement due to medical, disability-related, religious or other protected reasons may request an exemption. The Company will engage in an interactive process to determine if an exemption to this requirement as a reasonable accommodation is appropriate
We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws. We are firm believers that diversity and inclusion among our team members are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Thanks for your interest in becoming part of the team.