Roto is a multidisciplinary design group creating custom immersive experiences for Museums, Zoos, and Attractions. We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Director of AV to join our Production Department. The ideal candidate will have a passion for immersive audio-visual technology, along with experience designing, commissioning, and performing quality assurance on large, custom AV systems, and a strong background in technical project management.
The Director of AV will be responsible for overseeing the planning, execution, and delivery of high-quality, reliable audio-visual systems.
- Work closely with internal project teams and clients to understand their project’s audio-visual needs and requirements
- Develop and own project schedules, budgets, and technical specifications
- Manage the specification and procurement of audio-visual equipment and materials
- Oversee the installation and testing of audio-visual systems at Roto and on-site
- Manage and supervise on-site technicians, vendors, and contractors
- Ensure the quality and timely delivery of audio-visual solutions
- Ability to read, understand, and inform shop-drawings, experience plans, and facility impact drawings
- Ability to create technical AV plans and diagrams
- Maintain effective communication with clients, internal team members, and vendors
- Handle project changes, issues, and risks, and ensure effective resolution
- Prepare project reports, presentations, client-facing manuals, and other documentation as required
- Desire to push boundaries, and work outside your comfort zone
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in audio-visual project management
- Strong technical knowledge of audio-visual systems, including video, audio, lighting, and control systems
- Experience with interactive technology including touch, gestural, motion, etc.
- Experience with immersive multi-display integrations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to design to a budget
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Benefits: Fun, creative, collaborative, unique, and casual working environment. Paid conference attendance in areas of expertise & interest. Team Events. Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401(k) and more!
APPLICANTS SHOULD BE AWARE OF JOB PHISHING!
All communication about this job posting will be communicated from a roto.com address or directly through careerplug.
THIS JOB POSTING EXPIRES: Friday, November 17, 2023
Flexible work from home options available.