Do you want to help build the future of 3D & Mixed Reality creative tools at Adobe?
Adobe is looking for a Director of Design to join the Adobe Design team and drive the evolution of our Substance 3D and Augmented Reality for creative users. You will lead a group of passionate and hard-working designers and managers who craft experiences across web, mobile, and desktop applications, demonstrating industry insights and AI/ML technologies to influence and enable individual and business productivity. Working closely with Product and Engineering executives, you will provide strategic design direction, and feedback to the design and engineering teams to up-level craft, and find resolutions to ambiguous problem spaces. You will have a tremendous impact on the future generation of multidimensional creation.
From the smallest detail, to big-picture concepts, to long-term strategy, our work is put to the test by millions of creative users across a variety of fields and experience levels every single day!
What you’ll do
- Coach and mentor designers and design leaders, hire and attract top-notch talent to the team, and foster a culture where the designers grown, learn and do their best work.
- Build a collaborative environment and encourage deep partnership with cross-functional teams, setting a high bar for design craft, and define and implement design strategy for redesigns, 1.0s, and lead all aspects of design execution across releases on multiple platforms.
- Own the articulation and creation of design strategy on a few, most pivotal initiatives.
- Contribute to the product strategy discussions by expressing vivid design visions.
- Incite action in cross-functional partners to deliver a better user and business outcomes.
- Guide the teams in weekly, monthly, and quarterly product releases
What you need to succeed
- 6+ years of equivalent practical experience leading designers, managing design leaders is a plus.
- Experience in a 3D-related industry. Virtual/augmented reality, real-time production, familiarity with new input methods such as camera sensors, 6DoF controllers, and/or hand tracking is desired.
- Knowledge in 3D tools such as Houdini, Unreal Engine, Unity, or other similar software.
- Lead empathetically, fostering an inclusive and empowering environment for the design team to do innovative and impactful work!
- Experience working with executives on ambiguous problems and crafting big picture strategies driven by design. Excellent oral and written communication skills are a prerequisite.
- Articulate design strategy through solid, strategic presentations.
- Be an effective facilitator across product-design-engineering teams in early stages of key projects.
- Deep expertise in strategic problem framing and solving problems through high design craft.
- Embody a learner and mentor mentality.