Roto Group LLC
The Electrical Technologist perform an array of prototyping, fabrication, assembly, integration, programming, testing, documentation, and installation duties involved in the making of mechanical components and systems required to produce “hands on” interactive exhibits and interpretive displays.
- Layout, assembly and wiring of custom control boxes, panels and racks according to provided project descriptions and/or engineering drawings while adhering to Roto’s design and wiring standards to assure the overall quality of each final product.
- Assembly, soldering and testing of custom Roto printed circuit boards and devices.
- Prototype new exhibit systems and devices through mock-ups, programming, and product bench tests.
- Install exhibit systems, structures and devices into final exhibition cabinets and structures.
- Develop and maintain full documentation for all assigned exhibitions including parts list, technical/operating descriptions, schematics, software back-ups and troubleshooting procedures where necessary.
- Develop custom software for a variety of PLC, microprocessor (Arduino), PC and other specialized control systems.
- Keep shop and personal workspace neat, clean, organized, safe and well supplied.
- Work with approved suppliers to order materials and maintain inventories of regularly used parts.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must possess some work experience or be enrolled in a college degree program with a focus in an electronics, computer, mechanical or related technology field.
- Must have a good working knowledge and the ability to troubleshoot computer, electronic, electrical, mechanical and/or audio/visual systems as well as willingness and ability to learn additional technical skills.
- Skilled in the use of a wide variety of hand and power tools.
- Ability to prioritize and work on many projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to read floor plans, detail construction drawings and wiring diagrams.
- Must possess the ability to collaborate and a willingness to follow direction, while maintaining an inventive spirit.
- Extended work hours may be required.
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects (up to 50 lbs) and work from lifts, ladders and high platforms. May require lifting overhead.
- Must be able to work in shop conditions and/or active construction sites which may include changing temperatures and conditions.
- Ability to verbally communicate with team members and clients.
- Requires physical dexterity to build, prototype, and install exhibits.
- Must be able to lift, bend, twist, squat, stand, and/or sit for prolonged periods of time (upwards of 8+ hours).
- Must be able to operate a computer and other office machines.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally, as required.
Benefits: Fun, creative, collaborative, unique, and casual working environment. Medical, dental, vision, PTO, paid holidays, and more!