The Living Planet, Inc.
The Exhibit Designer acts in all facets of exhibit creation, from concept development to prototyping and installation, working with teams including scientists, artists, curators, educators, and designers as well as the research, development, interpretation and writing of permanent and temporary exhibitions and interactives.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, or related field
- Experience in the development of exhibits for aquariums, zoos, or museums preferred
- Able to deliver consistent high quality designs on time and under demanding deadlines
- Create interactive, and exhibit designs that are consistent with LLPA’s style guide
- Work in multiple media formats, including; print, digital, and video
- Be able to work on projects independently, as well as the ability to work as part of a team on larger design projects
- Strong working knowledge of The Adobe Creative Suite
- Experienced and well versed in the principles of design
- Ability to follow art direction
- Experience in interactive exhibit development and prototyping
- Able to take an idea from concept through production to installation
- Proven ability to communicate complex ideas with a wide range of audiences
- Basic understanding of Sketchup, and AutoCAD
- Must demonstrate attention to detail
- High energy, initiative and a sense of urgency is required
- A demonstrated commitment to nature, conservation, and community improvement
- Experience in the fabrication and theming of exhibits and interactive displays
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop original content for temporary and permanent exhibits and interactives
- Participate in, and lead exhibit concept development for exhibitions & interactives
- Participate as the primary exhibit content developer for interactives
- Conduct primary topic research and develop Content Resource Documentation for in house developed displays
- Research, and design exhibit signage, visitor handouts and other exhibition interpretation materials
- Research, develop and prototype exhibit interactives
- Assist with the design and theming of exhibits and exhibit galleries
- Adhere to safety protocols and employee guidelines
- Other projects as assigned by the Director of Creative Design and Exhibits
The Living Planet Aquarium is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or military status. The Living Planet Aquarium is committed to ensuring individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process. Should you require accommodations, please contact email@example.com.
Depending on the volume of interests and submissions, we will only be contacting applicants who meet all of the minimum requirements listed in the job posting. Only those applicants who align most closely with our minimum and preferred qualifications will be contacted for an interview. Loveland Living Planet Aquarium will retain your application materials for one year and may contact you regarding future opportunities.