Roto Group LLC
Position Description Roto is currently seeking an Exhibit Research Assistant to join our team. Joining Roto means joining one of our interdisciplinary design studios. Together, our small studio teams of 10-14 interdisciplinary professionals work collaboratively to plan and design custom interactive exhibits, play spaces and immersive experiences for museums, science centers, children’s museums, zoos, aquariums, and similar destinations.
The Exhibit Research Assistant position requires a hard-working, smart, multi-tasking individual with a good eye for detail and an interest in exhibit design and development. The job includes doing whatever task needs to get done, from product research to compiling budget numbers, from creating Sketch-Up models to editing Illustrator or InDesign files, from assembling PowerPoint decks to painting, assisting in visitor testing, packing and preparing exhibits for shipping, etc. The applicant will assist several studio members and must be able to prioritize tasks while accomplishing them by set deadlines. This is a great opportunity to gain experience with many aspects of Roto’s work and understand the exhibit development process from the inside.
This is a full-time temporary opportunity with a duration of approximately 6 months and the potential for permanent placement.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Support the development of exhibit experiences, including contributing to creative meetings, writing and visual documentation of exhibit ideas, and benchmarking proven interactives.
- Project coordination, including scheduling, preparing documents for meetings, taking meeting notes, and regular correspondence.
- General research, including content research and sourcing suppliers/materials.
- Purchasing equipment, materials and/or samples and coordinating vendors. Participation in prototyping, user testing, other shop work and/or installations as necessary
- Attendance, promptness, professionalism, the ability to pay attention to detail, cooperativeness with co-workers and managers, and politeness to clients and vendors.
- Must have a curious spirit, initiative to work without direct supervision, and be responsible for timely completion of tasks with attention to detail.
- Ability to work in team-based environment, to include, but not limited to taking direction from peers, project leads, or management, giving honest feedback to others on their work, and accepting feedback and critiques on own work.
- Clear, professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work on many projects simultaneously.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- College degree in related discipline or relevant experience preferred, not required.
- 1-2 years of work experience; high level of poise and professionalism, and interest in developing new skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft software including Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Familiarity with Sketch-Up and Adobe Creative Suite is a strong plus.
Benefits: Fun, creative, collaborative, unique, and casual working environment. Paid conference attendance in areas of expertise & interest. Half day Fridays during the summer. Team Events. Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401(k) and more!
APPLICANTS SHOULD BE AWARE OF JOB PHISHING!
All communication about this job posting will be communicated from a roto.com address or directly through careerplug.
THIS JOB POSTING EXPIRES: Friday May 26, 2023