We are seeking an experienced and well-rounded, Part-time candidate eager to join our organization. You will be responsible for playing a key role development and maintenance of Otherworld, an immersive art experience. We are looking for someone with a passion for creating and maintaining cutting-edge technological experiences for guests as well as strong supervisory experience. This role supports special events and contributes to new exhibit installations. This role will assist the Lead Technician in ensuring the execution and project management of all repairs and preventative maintenance of all exhibit technology as well as implementing improvements to evolve and improve the overall experience.
To be successful in this role, you should be a creative problem solver, thoughtful leader, and a confident decision-maker, helping our staff develop while ensuring Otherworld Philadelphia and Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group achieve their technical goals. The Exhibit Technician will report to the Lead technician, and work side by side with the Props & Textiles Lead to ensure a seamless guest experience incorporating both technology and art.
Technical Repairs and Maintenance
- Ensure functionality of sensors, micro-controllers, computers, lights, sound, video, projectors, pixel LEDs and various electromechanical elements that are part of the exhibition.
- Conducts daily inspections and reporting, creation, and adherence to preventive maintenance schedules, managing parts inventory and software backups.
- Perform repairs to maintain functionality in the exhibit spaces during open hours, communicating the status of repair to appropriate parties.
- Work closely with Exhibit Manager to oversee the scope of work for all exhibit repairs and track accordingly.
- Ensure flawless presentation and cleanliness. Ensure that the exhibit spaces are looking and sounding pristine and functioning properly each day, before and during operation.
- Assist with purchasing, use and care of all technical equipment and supplies.
- Develop and ensure routine inspections for checking all technical equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair.
- Facility Maintenance – ensure all exhibits, systems, and infrastructure are in good working condition, and clean, and present a professional image in conjunction with operations and sales departments.
- Supplies – ensure all necessary tech supplies are stocked and available to repair and replace faulty exhibit elements as needed.
- Ensure company procedures are carried out for opening and closing the exhibit.
- Complete all internal paperwork on a timely and quality basis.
- Collaborate with Exhibit Manager and Textiles & Props Lead to develop new exhibit installations and enhancements.
- Meet company standards and strive to produce high-quality and cutting-edge interactive exhibits.
- Play a unique technical role on the team of the venue, always pushing the envelope to think about how we can improve and enhance Otherworld Philadelphia
- 3+ years of Technical experience working in an interactive exhibit, theme park, live event, concert venue, museum, haunted house, or similar environment.
- Knowledge of emerging technology, entertainment technology, electrical engineering, or audiovisual trades.
- Knowledge and experience working with sensors, micro-controllers, computers, lights, sound, video, projectors, pixel LEDs, TouchDesigner, DMX, and various electromechanical elements.
- Strong interpersonal skills, professional decorum, and social skills.
- Excellent organization skills manage time well, correctly prioritizes, and is flexible.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays, and late nights.
- A positive, can-do attitude is required.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced work environment.
- Must pass company background screen and reference check.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must live in the Philadelphia Area. This is NOT a remote position.