Meow Wolf creates immersive and interactive experiences that transport audiences of all ages into fantastic realms of story and exploration. This includes art installations, video and music production, and extended reality content.
Meow Wolf is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to ensuring all employees enjoy and thrive in a work environment where differences make us the vibrant, wonderful community we are! All employment decisions at Meow Wolf are based on business need, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, veteran status, service in the military or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Come as you are!
Compensation for this role is $56,000 – $76,000 and is based on experience.
Benefits & Perks:
Meow Wolf offers a comprehensive benefits package and many perks, including:
- Medical Insurance Options: PPO & HSA
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance Policy & Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability & Critical Illness Policies
- Company Paid Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Leave for 6 weeks
- Discount off Meow Wolf Gift Shop Merch
- Free admission to Meow Wolf attractions for employees and guests
- 401k Retirement Plan – Begins on the first of the month following 90 days of employment
- And more benefits specific to the location of the role
The Exhibition Manager will oversee the execution of a variety of projects as well as manage, plan, and stage the operational, logistical, and financial aspects of the attraction. This role will involve hands-on fabrication, assembly, and completion of projects as well as management of any contractors needed. This position reports to the Director of Facilities & Exhibition.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to solve complex problems using a variety of technical skills.
- Ability to manage contractors and vendors to ensure quality and budget are maintained Conflict resolution skills, and ability to develop win/win solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a core discipline such as Project Management, Construction Management, Theater Arts, Engineering, Architecture or a related field required.
- A minimum of five years of experience related to fabrication, project management, or design.
- Experience managing multiple projects at once and prioritize competing work streams.
- Basic knowledge of low voltage electronics.
- Experience with digital fabrication including laser cutting and CNC machining. Experience with 3D modeling and design.
- Basic woodworking, metalworking, and assembly skills.
- Project management certification.
- An appreciation for the arts.
- Prior work experience in a creative organization.
- Prior work experience in a retail, museum, park, recreation facility, or other public space.
To succeed in this role, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed above outline the minimum requirements for this role.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
Work Environment:This job primarily operates in an indoor setting with exposure to noisy environments, dim lighting, strong visual effects including strobing lights, special effects, fog machines and small and/or enclosed spaces.
- Moving in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces.
- Remaining in a stationary position for prolonged periods.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Positioning or moving objects up to 75 pounds.
- Use of maintenance tools and cleaning equipment, includes use of cleaning agents and chemicals.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Desired Characteristics and Qualities for all Team Members:
- Embrace and exemplify Meow Wolf Culture.
- Be enthusiastic about work and creating a transcendental guest experience.
- Listen and communicate with compassion and positivity.
- Demonstrate flexibility and a receptiveness to change.
- Willing to work outside comfort zone to assist guests or fellow team members
- Maintain professional courtesy and behavior at all times.
- Be a “People Person” friendly, understanding, compassionate, positive.
This is a full-time position, working a minimum of 40 hours a week. It requires a flexible schedule to accommodate times the exhibit is closed to the public. Occasional evening, overnight and weekend work are required as job duties demand.
This position does require supervisory responsibility.
No travel is required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Meow Wolf truly embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents avariety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.