Welcome to the Avanade Digital Innovation Studios, where the best in creative and technology mix it up to push the boundaries of innovation. We’re a fast-moving, big-idea-dreaming, mishmash of designers, UX architects, technologists, delivery experts, writers, and more, who, when brought together, create transformative digital experiences for some of the biggest and best brands on the planet. Sound like a place you wouldn’t mind hanging your hat? Great, in North America you can find us in Atlanta, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, NYC, Raleigh, Seattle, and Toronto.
Avanade’s North America Internship Program was built for one purpose: revolutionize the way we design and deliver engaging, connected experiences for our clients and their customers. Through the combination of creative and technology expertise, our digital interns will spend their time creating never-before-seen, radical and exciting solutions to our clients’ biggest business challenges. If you’re passionate about having an impact on tomorrow’s digital landscape, then let us know who you are, what you do, and why we’d be crazy not to bring you on board.
During our 4 month internship program, you will have the opportunity to experience our culture, build your network and apply your education, while gaining real-world experience. You’ll spend your time taking on a variety of roles with some fun along the way. The experience only lasts 4 months but will open a lifetime of opportunity
- Current university or college student, preferably in third year and pursuing a bachelor’s degree in STEM or Design field
About the role
The Experience Design (XD) team specializes in human centered design. It is responsible for knowing the people it is designing for and the objectives of its stakeholders. It humanizes technology and empowers business.
As an Intern, you will assist with customer engagements and create UX/creative transformation deliverable on projects. You will primarily focus on architecture task areas and usability testing. You will assist in workshops to gather stakeholders’ requirements using a pool of techniques to help break down barriers, communicate better and generate new ideas.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Execute user research with the right mix of methodologies such as user tests, in-depth interviews, focus-groups, ethnographic field studies and surveys
- Facilitate brainstorm and work sessions with cross-disciplinary teams in order to move the knowledge of the research into a vision and design strategy
- Support delivery and design of digital products or services employing the right mix of human-centered design processes and tools
- Support change management execution at the appropriate phase in the adoption process of new product or service
- Evangelize Experience Design within Avanade through information communication, formal presentations and training sessions
- Work with other team members who lead various aspects of the project
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at  www.avanade.com.