Hi! We’re Thinkingbox, a global creative collective shaping the future of brands through craft and curiosity. Our team brings together unique perspectives in design, technology, and strategy that push the boundaries for our clients to create work that is innovative. We are a curious bunch that loves to think big, continuously learn, and create. We love our culture and the natural collaboration that happens in and around our five offices, from dog parties to happy hour Fridays, we maintain a vibrant work environment. However, for one month a year we encourage our people to explore the world. Try working from another office or even the beaches of Bali and expand your worldview, then bring that experience back to the team.
Thinkingbox Vancouver is on the hunt for a Creative Technologist to join our growing team. We are looking for an excellent developer who has an extensive and diverse portfolio of successful projects. Your enthusiasm for technology and problem solving fuels your motivation and your knowledge navigates you. You love what you do and are comfortable working in a close-knit collaborative environment.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Develop software for interactive experiences at events and museums.
- Make durable physical computing devices for extended public use.
- Create AR/VR projects.
- Game development for web, metaverse, and mobile.
- Show initiative in tackling problems and finding a solution
- Able to handle multiple projects and tasks at once
- Being an active thought starter and an expert problem solver
- Work in a team with other programmers, designers and producers.
- Actively research new technologies and industry best practices
- Port, maintain or extend well-documented legacy multimedia projects
What You’ll Bring
- Generalist with history of successful projects across multiple environments
- Interest in integration with hardware: machine vision cameras, depth cameras, LED arrays, micro-controller programming, filters, RC circuits, and general electronics
- Experience with OpenGL, camera calibrations, 3D mapping, computer vision, and camera tracking
- Present and execute technical solutions based on the most current software and hardware available
- Produce first-class code that is well documented and conforms with design and technical specifications, built to withstand long-term unsupervised operation.
- Some experience with machine learning, GPU code, and shaders.
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems, data structures and algorithms.
- Proven experience working on short timelines
- Flexible, self-motivated and is open and willing to provide and receive feedback.
- Strong understanding of networking, concurrent systems and distributed systems.
- Strong enthusiasm for learning about new technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Degree in Media Arts, Computer Science, Engineering or similar
Here at Thinkingbox, we are committed to building an environment where our employees continuously feel included, valued and heard. Diversity is our creative strength and it’s a combination of our unique experiences and perspectives that make for some of the best problem-solving. The result? Creativity, growth and innovation. We strongly encourage all applicants, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or gender identity to apply.
Thank you for taking the time to apply with the Thinkingbox family! Please remember to include your resume and links to your online portfolio with your application (if applicable). Due to the number of applications we receive, we are not able to contact everyone who applies. Do note however that all applications are stored in our talent database and will be considered for future opportunities!