START HERE, GO ANYWHERE! Want to work for a company that invests in innovation and people who catalyze impact in the built environment? Arup is proud to be recognized by Fast Company in their third annual Best Workplaces for Innovators list , which honors businesses and organizations that demonstrate a deep commitment to encouraging innovation at all levels. We find solutions for some of the world’s most complex problems. From climate action to social value, we consider the broadest impacts of our work. We strive to build a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable future. This purpose shapes our culture and has made us leaders in sustainable development. You’d be joining our multi-disciplinary design teams focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that create a better future for people, places, and the planet. During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected designers, engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment. Arup’s multidisciplinary experience design team integrates digital and physical spaces to create immersive experiences in the built environment. We practice human-centric design to really understand what users need. Then we bring a multidisciplinary team together to shape the visual, sound, lighting, software and media design to create interactive and immersive environments of all scales.
For UX STRATEGY AND DESIGN, the focus of this work will equally address physical spaces, digital environments and human operations .
One or more of the following are strongly preferred:
– Ability to visually storyboard early experience design concepts and narratives a plus
– Demonstrable skills in developing user personas and profiles, use cases and user journeys that shape experiences in the built environment
– Graphic design, infographic and diagramming skills (Adobe Illustrator, InDesign),
– Design writing skills
– Workshop facilitation skills
– Knowledge of experience design disciplines (physical design, technology design, UI design and/or content design)
– Experience with user research and community engagement activities
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THESE ROLES WILL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
– Undertake 3D modeling and design work
– Assist with preparation of reports, drawings, sketches, models
– Develop, document, and present concepts and designs using 2D and 3D drawing tools
– Practice creative coding and creative applications of technology to develop design solutions
– Write concept briefs to convey design ideas.
– Participate in meetings, design reviews, and coordination sessions with clients and design teams
– Develop solutions to design issues using listening, critical thinking, application of knowledge, and visual demonstrations to clients
– Bachelor’s Degree in Acoustics, Music, Interactive Media, Audio/Sound, Architecture, Physics, Computer Science, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering
– Strongly demonstrated coursework in your field of interest
– Minimum 3.0 GPA or higher
– Professional demeanor
– Skills in planning and organizing
– Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way
– Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, and eagerness to learn
– Evidence of past internship or extracurricular activity in the field
– History of technical presentations and technical writing
– Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
– Proven ability to perform in a deadline environment
– The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work
– Exceptional organization skills required for our constantly evolving environment
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
– Master’s Degree in User Experience Design, Exhibit Design, Physical Computing or closely related field
– 3.5 GPA or higher
– A background/training in music practice, playing of a musical instrument can be useful
– Evidence of personal investment in academic or extracurricular field
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
– SF MoMA, California
– Delta LaGuardia Media Wall, New York
– Reverberation Chamber for Bjork’s Cornucopia Tour
– United States Olympic & Paralympic Museum, Colorado
– Tippet Rise Arts Center, Montana
– 2nd Avenue Subway, New York
– Steinway Hall, New York
We believe that flexible arrangements create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people. Options include alternative schedules, part-time or reduced hours schedule, and/or the ability to work remotely for a portion of your work week.
Upon joining Arup your journey is likely to be varied and rewarding, giving you the opportunity to make a positive difference in the world. Arup offers many benefits to eligible FT employees, some of which are outlined below: – Global Profit Share – paid out bi-annually – Personal Health Insurance – 401(k) – with a dollar-for-dollar company match up to 10% – Paid Time Off (PTO) – Tuition reimbursement – Professional Membership and Certification reimbursement Arup is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation.