Ford Motor Company
Job Description & Qualifications
Do you have what it takes to make smart vehicles for a smart world? Join the Ford Product Development team. Utilizing Design Thinking and User Experience methods, you will work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We are seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting and sustainable ideas to life. We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies and more!
What you will be able to do
We are looking for a Human Machine Interface (HMI) interaction designer to join us in developing future interactions and experiences for our global customers. As an interaction designer, you will apply your attention to detail and expertise to deliver documentation and specifications to lead the development and production of new interactions in and around vehicles. Applications engineers have program responsibility for all HMI documentation and deliveries. You will:
- Work with feature owners, UX and software teams to develop the interaction design and logic and flow for undefined/new features
- Begin with ideation and iteration with a variety of interaction concepts, creating low fidelity models and supporting engineers to create models to solicit feedback
- Support validation of HMI interaction through customer clinics
- Production specification of logic and flow, screen layout and behavior and interaction rules as a deliverable to the software implementation team
- Involved with human centered design
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams across all aspects of UX design processes
- Utilize creative problem solving skills
- Have strong self-direction and sense of responsibility; exhibiting a high-level of professionalism and attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience using a variety of wire-framing and prototyping tools
The minimum requirements we seek
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1+ year of interaction design experience
- Portfolio or samples demonstrating examples of design work
Our preferred requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Social Science, Computer Science or Design
- Proven track record of delivering quality design work in dynamic, diverse, fast paced environments across multiple projects on schedule
- Experience contributing to user research processes (e.g. contextual inquiry, participatory design, concept testing, usability testing, etc.)
- High energy and passion for understanding current consumer technology trends and interaction paradigms
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proficient with a variety of wire-framing and prototyping tools
- Knowledge of XD, Sketch, Protopie, axure, Unreal or related
- Ability to prototype interaction models
- Expertise with interaction design processes, tools and best practices
- Experience with agile practices
What you will receive in return
As part of the Ford family, you will enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You will also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, TN visa holders may be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf
Auto req ID