At Thinkwell Studio Montreal, we’re all about creating unforgettable guest experiences. We challenge ourselves to design and produce spectacular and innovative collective experiences using our product line of leading edge proprietary technology, building stellar teams while we’re at it. Thinkwell thrives to create a future of shared interactions that are personalised, participatory and generative. Join us in crafting monumental experiences!
Studio Thinkwell Montreal is looking for an out-of-the-box developer who has mastered new interactive applications and technologies to translate a project’s creative vision into an amazing final product. The Interactive Developer’s primary mission is to combine graphic, audio and visual elements into a cohesive whole that engages users by bringing passion and expertise to our multidisciplinary multimedia projects.
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salaries in our industry
- Generous holiday packages
- 8 personal/sick days per year
- World class creative projects
- Medical and dental insurance (Blue Cross), 50% covered by the employer
- Family life insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Mortgage and financial planning services
- Referral bonus ($500) when you bring in new talent
- Hybrid work arrangements and flexible hours
- Continuing education and career paths
- Phenomenal colleagues who master their art, trust best intentions and practice utmost grace.
What you do will include
- Work closely with the creative and integration team to create technical solutions and integrate art assets into the engine in real time
- Work closely with other teams to integrate TouchDesigner, Unreal, Unity and/or other software with backend systems
- Discover and learn about various new technologies
- Work in constellations of agile colleagues while learning new technologies
- Contribute to game-changing projects and experiences
What we need you to bring to the role:
- Experience with real time engines with Unreal, Unity
- Experience with TouchDesigner
- Experience with motion tracking technologies such as LIDAR, Kinect, Leapmotion and/or other sensors
- Experience with microcontrollers (a plus)
- Knowledge of dynamic lighting, multi-channel audio systems, supervisory control systems and other commercial AV equipment and how they relate to each other
- Comfortable with the artist’s guidelines
- Ability to work in sprints
- Strong ability to work independently while being a strong team player
- Good communication skills
- Ability to communicate in French and English
What it would be nice for you to have:
- Undergraduate degree in digital design or related field
- Significant professional experience in software or project development
About Thinkwell Studio Montreal
Thinkwell Group is a global design and production agency for collective experiences with studios and offices in Los Angeles, Montreal and Abu Dhabi. Founded over 20 years ago, the multi-disciplinary team brings extensive experience in the strategy, planning, design and production of theme parks, museums, and major tourist and corporate attractions. Thinkwell has created nearly 2,000 immersive experiences in 28 countries around the world. The company’s clients include Warner Bros., Universal Studios, Google, Lionsgate, the Smithsonian Institution, Parks Canada and Cirque du Soleil.
Thinkwell was recently acquired by the TAIT Group. With more than 1,000 employees in 20 offices, TAIT has completed projects in more than 30 countries, on 7 continents and even in space for over 40 years. TAIT’s clients include Taylor Swift, Cirque du Soleil, Nike, the Metropolitan Opera House and NASA.