Flight School Studio
Flight School Studio is a creative interactive studio that builds immersive experiences in VR, AR, XR and Games. With teams in Dallas and Montreal, we collaborate to tell stories, service project needs, and create art in new digital technologies, supported by the Reel FX Creative Studios family.
Flight School is looking for an Interactive Developer who is passionate about creating beautiful and engaging interactive experiences that push the boundaries of technology and storytelling. The ideal candidate is someone who is excited about being a part of a small, creative team that tackles new challenges on every project.
As an Interactive Developer, you will combine superior programming skills with the ability to work closely on the design and architecture of games (console, VR, AR and MR), mobile applications and other interactive experiences. You should have experience in a variety of areas of game development and are able and willing to work on any area of programming needed, with a focus on full-stack development.
We are storytellers at heart and feel strongly that the best experiences are the result of teams with different backgrounds and points of view. As such, we deeply value diversity and strive to further expand the diversity of our team.
● Employ technical and creative solutions while developing original interactive experiences in games, VR, AR and other emerging technologies
● Work with production and art team leads to turn ambiguous technical and creative requirements into well-defined tasks
● Collaborate with artists, designers, and producers to prioritize and schedule work
● Be proactive in identifying tasks and problems that will need to be tackled
● Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of Software Architecture and Design
● Write clean, maintainable, and well-documented code
● Expand our team’s creative capabilities and vision through continued experimentation, research and professional development
● 4+ years related industry programming experience with a portfolio of published apps or games
● Proficiency in Unreal Engine, C++ and Blueprints
● Experience developing, deploying and supporting successful games and mobile applications
● Enthusiasm for working on a wide variety of tasks
● Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required
● Ability to estimate work load and execute on the work in the time estimated
● Have a positive attitude with the ability to work in a collaborative environment, interacting successfully with artists, producers and others during software development cycle
● Self-motivated and independent worker. Must take initiative in handling above duties and additional tasks which will aid the function of the organization.
● Preferred BS in Computer Science or technology related degree
● Console experience (XB1, PS4, or Switch)
● Experience in C# and Python
● Experience with audio tools like FMOD or Wwise
● Network and multiplayer programming experience
● Some experience with 3D software like Maya or 3DS Max