TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo. Why Join Us: At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire – for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
The AR Effect engineering team has been focusing on delivering innovative and high-quality visual effects and augmented reality applications which integrates into TikTok ‘s video editing and camera apps. Our mission is to deliver the whole Effect framework and platform which power TikTok ‘s creative video editing capabilities, camera filters, 3D and AR camera effects, and bring that fun and delightful experience directly to our users.
Enable new capabilities for ByteDance’s AR Effect platform by exploring new algorithms and technologies and transforming them into conceptual prototypes and game mechanisms for AR effects around the camera;
Responsible for developing new interactive experiences from prototypes to product release;
Work closely and coordinate with AI Lab researchers, 2D/3D designers and software engineers to bring new camera effects features to life;
Collaborate with engineers to improve the capabilities of effect creation tools and optimize the effect design workflow;
Last but not least, work closely with creative design team and product managers to deliver the most fun, expressive, and delightful experiences.
1. A great portfolio featuring immersive technology (AR, VR, interactive installations or real-time graphics) 2. Minimum 3 years of professional agency or studio experience creating immersive technology content
3. Demonstrable aesthetic judgment, a clear understanding of light, color, and motion
4. Ability to generate and communicate original ideas
5. Ability to mobilize teams to accomplish large tasks
6. Particle and effect animation experience
7. Experience with a creative coding platform (Three.js, Processing, Open Frameworks, Cinder)
8. Experience in Unity or Unreal Engine
9. Ability to create your own animated assets in Maya
10. Strong understanding of asset, scripting, shader, rendering pipeline
12. GLSL experience
13. Ability to read C++
14. Ability to diagnose bottlenecks and optimize under performing effects
15. Familiarity, and ability to quickly learn, new asset creation tools (Z-brush, Substance Designer, Marvelous Designer, etc.)
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too. TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.