Full Job Description
Full-Time, Anywhere, Remote
Imagine a world where you only have ONE shot to find product/market fit. That’s the world that storytellers live in. Tales (http://www.taleswriter.com) is making the modern book. We connect writers to data, upgrade their monetization, and give them the tools to create new storytelling formats. Creators are making everything from visual novels to RPGs on our platform. Think Roblox for fiction writers.
Join us and together we’ll connect storytellers with consumers, cut out the gatekeepers, and build the next Netflix powered by creators in the process.
Developers at Tales will do a little bit of everything to deliver great experiences to our readers and writers. We expect you to have shipped mobile apps and touched a large variety of systems. You have strong opinions on how to make decision-making game mechanics fun by surfacing data, visual candy, and responsive controls. You have your choice of which companies to work for but you’re strongly driven by mission and values.
- Gameplay: Accessible games start and end with great UX/UI. You need to create UIs that are not only functional but are delightful to interact with.
- Reading: We’re reinventing the reading process for a mobile-native world. Gutenberg was great but you’ve got ideas on how to make books better.
- Recommendations: Similar to Netflix, our job is to get the perfect story to the right consumer. You’ll be working on systems that will surface great content in unexpected ways.
- Language: Fluency with C# and Unity’s various UI systems.
- Product Intuition: Should have an eye for UI/UX; comfortable using wireframes and filling in the gaps.
- Experience: Must have worked on a mobile app built with Unity.
Top Five Reasons You Should Join Tales
- Mission: Only 5% of published fiction is written by POC. We’re building the platform to change the voices and stories that are heard and amplified. Diversity isn’t an afterthought, it’s core to our business.
- Innovation: You’ll be building mixed media and interactive content creation tools creatives have never seen. This is why veteran interactive writers around the world (TellTale, BioWare, Ubisoft, EA, Blizzard, PocketGems, etc) have already started creating original franchises on our platform.
- Impact: You’ll be the hero of creators who will be able to make a sustainable living by reaching their fans directly on our platform. When they succeed in creating household names, you’ll know you had an integral part in bringing that to life.
- Upside: Being an early team member means you get to shape our journey in meaningful ways. Economically, you’ll own a piece of a more engaging and democratized version of Kindle or Netflix.
- Fun: The journey may be long but you’re working at the intersection of media and technology. This isn’t a payment processor (nothing wrong with that if that’s your cup of tea – but here there be games!).
- Location: Remote, North American time zones preferred. Authorized to work in the US.
- Application: Tell us about a project you made and include your Linkedin to: email@example.com
Job Type: Full-time