At Octi we are building the next generation of AR-powered social network and commerce discovery: a new way to discover, share, and interact with the things and people you love. We are a high-energy and fast-moving team, well-funded by top-tier investors, and hard at work creating amazing mobile experiences that combine AR technology with engaging storytelling and content creation.
We are seeking a passionate Junior Technical Artist with creative and technical expertise to develop and refine AR products and scenes. You will be responsible for bridging the Art and Engineering team to bring the virtual world to life.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with tech art lead to create high-quality immersive environments, assets, and proof-of-concept prototypes
- Troubleshoot, problem solve and ensure performance and optimization are in line with technical specifications and framerate budgets.
- Create and maintain tools that improve Art creation workflows
- Collaborate with various teams to meet challenging objectives while fostering a positive and engaging working relationship.
- Strong knowledge of 3D asset pipelines and digital content creation tools such as Maya, Houdini, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, or Photoshop
- 2+ years experience in handling 3D modeling, Rigging, and Animation
- 1+ years experience creating content for games, film, television, AR/VR, or related fields
- Experience optimizing real-time 3D graphics pipeline for mobile platforms.
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, C#
- BS or MS degree in a relevant visual art or technical fields such as Computer Animation, Graphic Design, Interactive Media, or Computer Science
- Experience with XCODE
- Experience 3D scanning / Photogrammetry
- Experience in shader development (Metal) or VFX
- Solid Artistic Skills