WHO WE ARE:
We believe in challenging the expected and bringing new ideas to everything we do. We exist to always do things differently. With over 60 inspired people at Bespoke Audio Visual, our collective experiences range from high-school graduates to those with academia, all with an underlying philosophy of “I want to do great, be great and make a difference.” We do this by asking great questions with genuine curiosity and total transparency of our process and thinking. It’s just one of many reasons why our company is the special place it is.
The LED Volume Operator is responsible for creating and optimizing high-quality 3D visual content to support our virtual production projects. By integrating technical aptitude and artistic virtual design, this position will support us to develop and fine-tune immersive LED experiences using various 3D creation tools and software for live event production settings. Working with our Production and Technical teams, the LED Volume Operator will use their lighting expertise to create and maintain tools, workflows for design asset creation, optimization, and integration for successful event execution. This position is part-time/casual and/or freelance and the ability to tele-commute and travel to our Toronto locations and clients are required.
- Manipulate high-end (photorealistic and stylized) 3D environments using Unreal Engine 3D creation tools:
– Shader creation, development, and optimization
– Lighting and environment layouts
– Unreal Engine Stage Operator for LED walls
– Texture modification and PBR workflows
– Asset creations and alterations o Optimize colour correction tools
- Craft virtual effects (3D materials, shaders, particle systems)
- Implement 3D software skills (Blender, Maya Cinema4D, or 3D StudioMax, Houdini) as required for virtual projects
- Identify unique and resourceful solutions through content management, asset creation, cinematics, and environmental setup on an LED volume
- Convert virtual assets to LED volume and ensure quality and integrity of all digital assets
- Guide best practices for real-time asset optimization, promoting efficient workflows and offer innovative technical solutions to maintain and maximize quality event performance
- Ensure Unreal Engine tools and content are performing with accuracy during live production and take corrective action as needed
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues on our virtual production LED volumes and systems
- Collaborate with clients, production, and technical teams to update and enhance experiences during live event productions
- Liaise with crew and technicians and the ability to train and coach as needed
- Complete documentation and show reports from findings for asset and event performance
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a technical Unreal Engine Virtual Production role
- Experience in creating/manipulating optimized 3D content and cinematics for virtual production studios or live event production settings is preferred
- Strong knowledge of Unreal Engine with an emphasis in asset creation, materials, lighting, layout, and animation
- Advanced understanding in lighting, LED walls and its visual impact on virtual production projects
- Foundational knowledge in broadcast media or audio-visual production
- Experience with software such as Zero Density, Pixotape, Disguise, Aximetry, Vizrt is an asset
- Experience with 3D software skills such as Blender, Maya Cinema4D, or 3D StudioMax, Houdini is preferred
- Excellent problem solving, communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment and onsite with confidence
We would welcome a portfolio highlighting your skills and experience in virtual production and lighting design.
- Travel required
- Combination of office/onsite/studio work
This position is part-time/casual and/or freelance. Rates can be negotiated based on technical skill and experience level.
Other duties as necessary may be required and are expected from the position within reason.
Bespoke Audio Visual welcomes applications from minority groups and people with disabilities. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive, and diverse company and strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, abilities, and life experiences to apply. Upon request, accommodation supports are available for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruiting process.
Bespoke Audio Visual is a full-service audio, visual equipment rental, and event staging company. We specialize in technical event design, production management, and technical production. Bespoke is an approach. It draws on the unique nature of every event and our desire to customize the approach specifically for our clients.
Check out our website at https://bespokeav.ca
Job Types: Part-time, Casual, Freelance
Salary: From $25.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Do you have experience with Unreal Engine and in creating/manipulating optimized 3D content and cinematics for virtual production?
- Are you eligible to work in Ontario and commute to Etobicoke, Ontario?
Work Location: In person