We are looking for a Media System Intern who can work with our hardware Workshop and AV teams. We are looking for someone who can help us build and make modifications to existing touch tables, displays, tangible objects, touchless device designs, projection-based exhibits, and other audio-visual systems. This would include prototyping with physical materials, with 3D printers, projectors, and video walls, configuring AV equipment, and assembling exhibit materials. The candidate would work closely with our Media Systems Manager and the hardware Workshop team who develop, build, and support our products. Part of the internship will involve understanding our products and participating in our manufacturing process. In addition, this intern might also work with our Fabrication group, which develops custom exhibits.
The ideal candidate has a passion for audio-visual design and is looking for new growth opportunities. This is a full-time, onsite position in Corrales, New Mexico.
- Experience using hand and power tools
- Basic skills with microelectronics and IoT devices
- Basic audio-visual design experience, either through school or work
- Basic computer networking skills
- Some experience prototyping
- Computer skills, experience with Windows
- A willingness to learn new techniques and how to operate new equipment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to contribute to documentation and other written materials
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience in fabrication
- Experience with electrical systems
- Skilled in building computer systems
- Experience with 3D printing and CAD
- Experience with AV control systems (Crestron, Extron, or AMX)
- Experience with technical documentation
- Experience in the museum or non-profit world
We create meaningful experiences that use emerging technologies. Our approach is to create exhibits that evoke wonder, awe, and surprise, but that also tell important stories about science, art, history, and culture that have a lasting impact. We are committed to creating visitor-centric interactive experiences of substance delivered in immersive and exciting ways.
We work with museums, educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, and other entities throughout North America and around the world. Our firm provides design services, custom software development, media systems design and installation, and custom fabrication.
Our multitouch tables and touch walls are practical implementations of recent advances in multiple areas of emerging technology. Our hardware products are built to be used in social environments where they encourage interaction and collaboration. We take pride in what we design and build, and we focus on reliability and performance to create products that last. We are located in scenic Corrales, New Mexico (near Albuquerque and an hour from Santa Fe). Please visit our website to learn more about us: http://www.ideum.com.
This is a fixed-term, paid internship ($18 an hour) that starts on or around May 31, 2022, it ends on August 31, 2022.
Equal Opportunity & Eligibility
Ideum, Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer. This application will not be used for limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Should an applicant need reasonable accommodations in the application process, he or she should contact a company representative.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
How to Apply
Please include a resume, cover letter, and a relevant portfolio.
No phone calls or walk-ins, please. NOTE: *Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.