Media Systems Engineer
Media Systems Engineer is a member of the Creative Services team at Ideum which develops museum exhibits. The Media Systems department produces unique, custom-designed, and developed AV exhibit installations for our various customers as well as provide support to our internal teams within the company. They are a detail-oriented and highly motivated individual who can assist in the creation of our video wall, projection-based, and other AV-related installations. This is an onsite position.
Candidates have audio-visual system production experience, PC computer assembly, maintenance, and administration skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated experience with audio mixing and design, video production, projection mapping, and related skills are important. Projects may include designing systems based around microcomputers/controllers and computer networking.
Additional responsibilities include: producing quotes, collaborating with producers and project coordinators in the creation of proposals, and regularly communicating with our vendors and clients.
Core Requirements and Duties:
- Advanced knowledge of hardware that is based upon a variety of operating systems (including user administration) such as Windows, Linux variants, and MacOS
- Advanced knowledge of computer networking and security skills as they relate to A/V hardware
- Produce project documentation and technical diagrams as needed, coordinate with construction documents and CAD drawings
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Leverage problem-solving and organizational skills to produce and methodically fine-tune our interactive experiences
- Ability to lead in a team environment.
- Lead installations teams, including some that are national or even international
- Maintain clear lines of communication with regular updates while working on installations
- Communicate clearly with clients, other trades, contracts, and internal teams
- Advanced knowledge of various video systems including, projection, video wall, LED tiles
- Audio mixing and/or sound design
- Advanced knowledge of varying electrical systems including microcontrollers, sensors, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of PC components, assembly, and troubleshooting
- Advanced knowledge of lighting control systems (DMX/Dali/ARTnet)
- Knowledge of Crestron, Extron, or other AV control systems
- Arduino programming
- Fabrication experience
- Experience with shipping and logistics
- Electrical Experience
- COMP TIA A+, AVIXA CTS, or other professional certification
- Previous experience with projection mapping applications (Vioso, Mad Mapper, Pandora)
We create meaningful experiences that use emerging technologies. Our approach is to create exhibits that evoke wonder, awe, and surprise, but that also tell important stories about science, art, history, and culture that have a lasting impact. We are committed to creating visitor-centric interactive experiences of substance delivered in immersive and exciting ways.
We work with museums, educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, and other entities throughout North America and around the world. Our firm provides design services, custom software development, media systems design and installation, and custom fabrication.
Our multitouch tables and touch walls are practical implementations of recent advances in multiple areas of emerging technology. Our hardware products are built to be used in social environments that encourage interaction and collaboration. We take pride in what we design and build, and we focus on reliability and performance to create products that last. We are located in scenic Corrales, New Mexico (near Albuquerque and an hour from Santa Fe). Please visit our website to learn more about us: http://www.ideum.com
Benefits and Incentives
Compensation between $55,000 to $65,000 depending on experience
After 90 days of employment, this position includes paid time off, health, dental, and vision insurance, critical illness and accident insurance, life insurance, and short-term/long-term disability. Employees are eligible after one year of employment for our 401K Safe Harbor Profit Sharing Plan.
Equal Opportunity & Eligibility
Ideum, Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer. This application will not be used for limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Should an applicant need reasonable accommodations in the application process, he or she should contact a company representative.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
How to Apply
Please include a resume, cover letter, and relevant work samples. No phone calls or walk-ins, please. NOTE: *Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
- Provide support to our clients via phone or email for exhibits that you previously worked on.
- Gain experience in the museum and non-profit world as well as with corporate clients.
Expectations for Advancement:
- Average 2-5 Years as a Media Systems Technician/Engineer
- Demonstrated consistent ability to meet deadlines and client expectations
- Demonstrated ability to install media systems hardware with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to design media systems for clients
- Demonstrated ability to complete project tasking, sometimes without continual supervision
- Accepting feedback and constructive criticism
- Ability to resolve conflict within project teams, vendors, and clients as necessary
- An ability to earn the respect of teams, staff, vendors, and clients
- A demonstrated understanding of Ideum’s business practices and our industry
- Demonstrated interest in skill development and mentorship