Roto Group LLC
Are you looking to translate your artistic skills to an alternative industry, developing impactful motion design on a grand scale? Want to be part of a fantastically creative team with ambitions to create best of class media experiences? Come join us!
Roto is an accomplished interdisciplinary design, development and production studio specializing in exhibitions and attractions for museums, aquariums, zoos, and entertainment destinations. As a design-build company, we are in the unique position of both inventing and realizing our vision for visitors across North America and around the globe.
Check out the full breadth of our work at roto.com and a few examples of recent media projects here: roto immersive media
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about building inventive, rich, high-fidelity experiences with a focus on linear media. Our media applications are built primarily using software like Cinema 4D, After Effects, Unity and Unreal, and our designers typically collaborate across multidisciplinary teams such as immersive media design, content development, marketing, and others.
To be considered, applicants must:
- Provide a portfolio/work samples demonstrating your relevant experience.
- Design and animate AAA quality 2D and 3D motion graphics
- Contribute to projects of various scales – ranging from web or mobile to large-scale exhibition motion graphics.
- Edit and assemble footage and audio into polished video content, ensuring the final product aligns with project goals and/or meets brand standards
- Work with creative teams and provide ideas and recommendations in ideation meetings
- Collaborate with partners to manage schedule from storyboard concept to install
- Produce media deliverables with in-house teams or external partners, when needed
- Encode, convert, and edit videos and add effects/elements to enhance motion graphics
- Help clarify performance requirements and capabilities of various video solutions and identify potential risks throughout development
- Establish and improve pipelines for efficient creation and implementation of all video content
- Test functionality and provide solutions to any “bugs” including those related to performance and budget
- Assist in research and development of new technology and project solutions
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience managing and executing motion design, animation, and post-production work
- Experience producing design systems for digital and built environments
- Expert timing and animation skills
- Fluent using Cinema 4D
- Firm grasp of design fundamentals, color theory, and layout
- Understanding of asset resolution and video compression
- Expert-level knowledge of Adobe Suite and common motion graphics design software
- Basic knowledge of TouchDesigner
- Basic knowledge of Substance Painter
- Working knowledge of UX and interaction design
· Experience with UV mapping and texturing· Illustration skills are a plus· Basic particle system Experience (X-particles, Niagara, VFX Graph)
- Ability to set and manage expectations with internal and external clients
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of common large file formats and file management
- Desire to learn new toolsets including realtime game engines such as Unity and Unreal
This Job Posting will expire on April 8, 2023