Meptik is looking for an experienced, full-time Notch Designer to join our expanding team in Atlanta, GA.
The Notch Designer position will be responsible for creating 2D and 3D motion graphics using real-time rendering techniques, assisting with creative ideation, and supporting our marketing and sales teams in creating content to drive future business leads to the company. The successful candidate will be a confident self-starter with excellent communication skills and proven prior experience working in a creative environment.
Based on global project demand, interaction across other regions and time zones may be required to support the global team..
- Create 2D and 3D real-time motion graphic content using Notch
- Assist with client projects, including ideation, content creation, and on-site content deployment
- Provide our marketing and sales teams with content to help drive future sales
- Help to drive creative innovation and train the team
- Constantly seek to grow by learning new techniques and methods
- A college degree or applicable education focusing on Motion Design, Visual Effects, Game Design, etc. or a relevant degree, related education, or experience.
- A portfolio with relevant work experience and examples.
- An excellent eye for design and quality, combined with strong technical understanding of real-time workflows.
- An expert-level knowledge of Notch and 3D software like Cinema4D, Maya, Blender, etc.
- Strong 3D design, motion graphics, and 3D generalist skills and experience with 3D real-time workflows.
- Passionate about all things interactive graphics – audio reactivity, sensors, Arduino, coding, working with technology, etc.
- .Experience with developing content for non-standard surfaces and projection mapping.
- Desire to think and work outside the 16:9 aspect ratio
- The ability to assist in conceptualization and storyboarding.
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite. Experience with AfterEffect is especially helpful.
- Experience with other real-time software such as Unreal, Unity, or TouchDesigner is a plus.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Must be able to work enthusiastically, respectfully, and collaboratively with other team members and clients.
- Ability to multitask and work effectively under changing priorities, heavy deadlines, and daily time constraints.
- Passion for innovation and a desire to further your craft through learning new technology and techniques.
- Is willing to learn from others and teach the team around them.
- Able to accommodate work-related travel.
- This is a position within not just Meptik, but also the global disguise business. Creative, Technical, Project Management, Sales, and Marketing services are a growing part of the overall disguise group, and some experience, leadership and insight is needed from this position to help shape the future of media and entertainment.
Meptik is the one-stop shop for bridging realities.
We help our clients build their next virtual production powerhouse, fuel it with stunning virtual sets, deliver in-camera visual effects on set, and create immersive audience experiences.
As one of the most experienced teams in the industry, we have the creative vision and, as part of Disguise, access to the latest Emmy-award-winning tech to help clients Upset Reality™. We’ve done it for big and small productions, corporate clients, major film studios, broadcasts, and live events.
Clients can work with us throughout their entire creative journey, or let us be part of their next visual masterpiece.
disguise sits at the heart of the most inspiring live and virtual experiences in the world, leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most spectacular productions across film and TV, broadcast, live and corporate events.
Our award-winning xR workflow has enabled over 300 productions in the past 12 months alone, for music artists such as Katy Perry and Billie Eilish, broadcast TV channels like ITV and Eurosport, enterprise businesses like SAP and Siemens, educational institutions like the University of Michigan and notable film studios like Netflix and DNEG.
We partner closely with Epic Games, NVIDIA, Netflix and many more to further develop and democratize our virtual production solution and enable teams anywhere to create their best story with the most innovative tools.
With offices in London, LA, New York, Atlanta, Barcelona, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Auckland, Seoul and Tokyo, we are a fast-growing company that hires bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
We were delighted to be recognised as one of the Financial Times’ top 1000 fastest growing businesses for 2021. Watch our showreel to learn more about the amazing projects powered by disguise.
- Growth opportunities | Our team is constantly growing and expanding into multiple locations. And as a disguise company, we are part of an even larger network with multiple teams across the globe.
- Team culture | We’ve cultivated a team of hardworking, humble, fun and incredibly talented, passionate individuals who bring out the best in each other and the unique projects they create.
- Become part of the future | At Meptik, we pride ourselves on doing things that haven’t been done before. When working with us, you become part of a forward-thinking, boundary-busting team.
- Industry & Community Leader | We’re continuously involved with local community chapters to train individuals on the future of content production.
- No ego: we are the sum total of all of us and no one person is better than another
- Honest: do the right thing in every situation for each other and for our clients
- Passionate: about furthering our craft and dreaming of new frontiers
- Dedicated: to Meptik as a company and a culture
- Excellence: we strive to be the best in every area while always exhibiting professionalism