ngx is looking for a Quality Assurance Automation Engineer with Unity and Unreal Engine experience to join our team! This is a primarily onsite role at our Vancouver, BC studio.
This is a key role in ensuring the quality, reliability, and durability of our software applications. You will collaborate with our technical team to develop and implement robust automation solutions, conduct thorough testing, and contribute to the overall improvement of our software development process. The ideal candidate is proficient in automation tools and frameworks, has experience developing in Unity and/or Unreal Engine, possesses a strong understanding of software testing methodologies, and has a keen eye for detail.
We are primarily a Unity shop, with a growing number of projects in Unreal Engine and TouchDesigner. Our work involves unique hardware requirements, including touchscreens, projectors, phidget sensors, peripherals, depth cameras, led tiles, or assistive technology, or have unique user interface and display system requirements. Some require the ability to be updated via a CMS, or perform various data tracking functions.
Because the technical requirements of our projects can vary substantially, you will have to be comfortable with learning new technologies on the job and working with varying levels of ambiguity.
If you like project variety, continuous learning, working on cutting-edge international projects for the cultural and visitor experience sector, this is a unique opportunity to be part of a multi-disciplinary team pushing the limits of what creative technology can do!
International institutions want to reach contemporary audiences in unforgettable and thought-provoking ways. We help make that happen. ngx combines technical expertise, interpretive skill, and creativity to elevate the visitor experience in museums and cultural spaces.
- Create and maintain test documentation
- Design, develop, and maintain robust test automation frameworks
- Create and maintain automated test cases to validate software functionality and performance on Unity and Unreal projects
- Collaborate with various teams to define and implement effective test strategies
- Identify, document, organize, and track software bugs using established systems
- Perform regular regression testing
- Set up and take down hardware for testing and prototyping
- Stay current with industry trends and emerging technologies
- Perform manual testing when necessary
- 2+ years of applicable QA experience in games or related industry
- Intermediate knowledge of Unity, Unreal, C++, C#, Python
- Experience with:
- Writing automated functional tests
- Writing small apps in Unity and Unreal
- Using Unity Testing Framework, Selenium, Unreal Automation System, Python Unittest, or similar
- Testing and working with networked systems
- Familiarity with Git and GitHub
- Highly organized and agile, team-oriented, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent communication skills, written and in-person
- Commitment to delivering excellence and meeting high standards for quality, with an eye for detail
- Flexible and willing to learn and adapt
- Related degree or certifications
- Leadership experience
- AV hardware experience – displays, depth cameras, projectors, Arduino, etc.
- Interest in experiential and immersive technology
- A progressive work week with Flex Fridays – a mix of days off, learning days, and team engagement
- Excellent benefits package
- Really cool projects!
Closing date: November 24, 2023
Do you feel you haven’t met every requirement in our job posting? Studies have shown that women, lgbtq+ people, and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification in the posting.
At ngx we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace for our team, so if you are excited about this role, we strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t believe you meet every single qualification. You might be just the person we are looking for to join our team!
Designer – Live EntertainmentStories IlluminatedLos Angeles, CALos Angeles, CA
Visual Effects DesignerDisneyLake Buena Vista, FLLake Buena Vista, FL
Lead Projections Technician – Drawn to LifeCirque du SoleilOrlando, FLOrlando, FL
Lead Unreal ArtistThe MillBengaluru, Karnataka, IndiaBengaluru, Karnataka, India
To apply for this job, visit this link: