We are searching for a Concept Designer to join our team of creatives! This is a full time, project-based position working with our core leadership team to develop the visual language of our experiential media-based attractions. In this role, a successful candidate will have a deeply rooted background and understanding in overall attraction based concept design, as well as have fluency developing key art, storyboards, and conceptual renderings to illustrate the detailed visual language of a media piece.
- Design and Illustrate Concept Development for location-based media attractions.
- Contribute creatively through ideation, brainstorming, visual development, and research as required.
- Work collaboratively with project leads and end-clients to take their projects to the next level and offer creative solutions.
- Develop concept art, illustrations, keyframes, and storyboards that clearly illustrate the intent of all media-based elements within an experience so that the in-house team, client, and production artists are all on the same page.
- Work one on one with artists to oversee the production of all media elements.
- Must submit a portfolio (a link to online portfolio, highlight reel, etc.) for review. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A PORTFOLIO/REEL WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Submit portfolio of work when you apply online.
- Proven background & portfolio of visual concept development and dimensional design for location-based media attractions.
- Experience with overseeing and art directing media-based productions.
- Skilled eye for beautiful and powerful design aesthetic, with a versatile style and examples of “out of the box” thinking.
- Technical and creative proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- Ability to do hands on production work (ie: Concept Designs, Storyboards, Beat Boards, Matte Paintings.)
- A self-starter who works independently, quickly, and meets expectations/deadlines.
- Must be fast and efficient with great verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts related field.
- 3-5 years of work experience
- Experience in Theater/Set Design or Dimension Design.
- Projection Mapping Experience
- Non-standard format Media Design Work
Please Submit the Following for Consideration:
- Current Resume
- Link to a sample of work and/or full portfolio
- Earliest Availability
Mousetrappe is on the cutting edge of multi-media production, working with top theme park and cultural experiences to produce state of the art content around the world for everything from theme parks to museums to live entertainment. We do this by amassing teams of creative, inspiring, hard-working, and focused people who believe in the power of storytelling to bring life and dimension to otherwise static experiences. Our culture is based on collaboration, creativity, performance and having a positive impact not only for our clients, but the people who experience our work first hand as theme park goers, museum aficionados, thrill seekers and more.
No agencies and no calls please. Do not send duplicate applications, samples or emails through our website. Please note: Due to a typical large volume of responses, only candidates under consideration will receive reply. To all others we appreciate your interest and thank you in advance.