At Local Projects, Creative Technologists (CTs) are intuitive problem solvers and are always seeking new and innovative ways to tell stories with interactive technologies. As such, CTs are unique for their breadth of knowledge across stacks/tools and for their unending curiosity and dedication to learning new skills. This makes CTs able to identify and then utilize the right tool for the job no matter what the challenge. Each CT brings a unique perspective and specialty to the team. We are searching for a Senior level CT that is visually minded and has a specialty in creative coding/graphics programming (across game engines, mobile and web platforms) who loves to create beautiful, generative visuals and simulations in both small and large scale formats.
A Senior CT will be responsible for delivering frontend solutions that include interactive, realtime graphics driven experiences that exist in site specific installations, the web and mobile platforms. You will be providing technical leadership for projects from concept through production. This includes rapid-prototyping and building lightweight proof-of-concepts to vet creative ideas and technical possibilities as well as bringing these concepts to life with a focus on stability, performance and maintainability. You will also be providing leadership within the company, contributing to the direction of the department and mentoring of other team members
A CT must possess excellent communication skills to form a strong, trusted relationship with the technology team, creative and ux teams, project management, and company leadership. Exceptional attention to detail and a passion for flawless delivery are key traits for success.
If this sounds like an environment you want to be a part of we’d love to hear from you.
- This position requires the ability to work on-site in our studio in NYC
- Must be able to travel as needed
- Please include a link to your portfolio and/or website
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required
- Version control and workflows with Git/Github
- Unity Development (C#)
- Creative Coding Frameworks (C++) OpenFrameworks and/or Cinder
- iOS development, Swift and ARKit
- Web frontend (HTML/CSS/JS) and graphics frameworks, such as Three.js
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and adapt to new environments
- Ability to thrive in a TDD / BDD based environment
- Application development with Node.js/Electron
- Modern web frontend frameworks such as React/Vue/Angular
- Java/Android Development
- OpenCV and other 2D/3D tracking technologies
- Technical and 3D Art, Modeling, PBR Texture mapping, such as Substance Suite
- Adobe suite design skills
- Houdini particle simulation
- Familiarity with Python
- XR experience design and development
- Unreal Engine
- Machine Learning and/or Robotics experience
- DevOps and CI/CD pipeline management, such as Github Actions and Jenkin
Local Projects offers to its Full-Time staff Health/Dental/Vision, FSA, 401k, access to Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance and Life Insurance as well as a generous PTO package.
Local Projects is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Our collaboration with each other and the experiences we create together greatly benefit from a range of perspectives, which can only come from diversity of all types, across all disciplines, at all levels of the studio. Achieving true diversity and inclusion is the right thing to do. It is also the smart thing for our business. So we strongly encourage women, veterans, people with disabilities, people of color, and gender nonconforming candidates to apply.
Local Projects is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity, and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.