Full Job Description
Virbela is seeking a Senior Mobile Software Engineer who is inquisitive, reliable, self-directed, and interested in developing virtual worlds and simulations in a rapidly growing business. At Virbela you will be working on a cross-disciplinary team that includes organizational psychologists, corporate leaders, virtual world specialists, and domain experts.
Core responsibilities include development and support of Virbela’s current and upcoming mobile products. Establish best practices for mobile development on iOS and Android using the Unity game engine and other native libraries for Mac and Windows.
Virbela is 100% Remote!
- Architect, design, develop, and improve Virbela’s mobile products
- Collaborate with UX, QA and Art teams to ensure optimal cross-team performance
- Perform code reviews and mentorship to junior developers
- Document, organize, and improve new and existing code
- Inspire colleagues to continuously generate forward-thinking ideas and actively contribute to a culture of innovation and excellence
- Other duties as assigned
- Fluency in C# and experience with other languages (C++, Objective-C, Java)
- Expert skills at reading and understanding existing code bases
- Solid understanding of common design patterns and data structures
- Solid understanding of the SDLC and Agile development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Security and quality mindset
- Must be a strong leader and teammate
- Must be punctual, reliable, highly flexible, and excellent at balancing multiple detail-oriented projects
- B.S. in computer science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer or similar role with a focus on mobile software development
- 2+ years working with Unity3D or similar 3D game engine
- Experience building, code signing, and publishing mobile applications for iOS and Android
- Experience debugging with ADB on Android and Xcode on iOS
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-disciplinary, art, programming, production and technology teams
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. Virbela reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Full employer-paid Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance with buy-up options
- 401(k) with company match
- Stock Options
- Generous paid time off policy
- Company Discounts
For more detail on our benefits program please visit: https://sites.google.com/virbela.com/virbelabenefits/home
Virbela is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran disability or genetic information or any other reason prohibited by law in employment.