Full Job Description
Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We’re always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
WarnerMedia is looking for a Virtual Production Senior Software Engineer to develop core technology for real-time filmmaking. As a software engineer on the Virtual Production Team, you will help us further extend and innovate key technology utilizing Unreal Engine with key production partners. The software engineer should have a passion for constantly exploring and mastering new areas of the hardware and software needed for real time rendering. Responsibilities will range from asset management to color pipeline and camera calibration.
- Design and implement tools and engine features related to WB Virtual Production pipeline
- Support internal film and television productions by responding to specific requests and integrations for Virtual Production Software
- Test and validate new hardware and software solutions for WB virtual production pipeline
- Collaborate with 3rd Party Vendors to integrate 3D assets and create tools to optimize workflow
- Modify and extend core UE4 engine systems with a focus on NDisplay and Final Pixel Rendering techniques
- 5+ years of experience utilizing C++ and Python within Unreal Engine as it relates to graphics/VFX and/or game engineering
- Strong ability to architect, program and optimize C++ in existing or new systems with a focus on one or more game related specialties.
- Understanding of key virtual production and film/tv development areas such as performance capture, encoded devices, live video and virtual reality is a plus.
- Experience writing tools that improve user experience and are reliably stable on deployment
- Strong desire to build industry-leading technology
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with excellent debugging and strong communications skills.
- Experience at VFX facility is a plus
- Skilled with Python, C++ a must
- Experience with real-time systems
- Experience developing in a large codebase; ideally experience designing and implementing a tool from the ground up
- Experience with network topology
- Experience with video hardware systems
- Experience with interfacing external devices via APIs and protocols
- Experience scripting for Maya, Substance Designer, 3ds Max and other DCCs
- Familiarity with an existing game engine with an understanding of game engine and editor concepts
- Familiar with lighting concepts and color science
- Familiar with live action production protocols used for timing (genlock, timecode) and lighting (DMX, sACN and ArtNET)
- Familiar with Universal Scene Description (USD)
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.