Madison Square Garden Entertainment
Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp. (MSG Entertainment) is a leader in live entertainment experiences. The Company presents or hosts a broad array of events in its diverse collection of venues: New York’s Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; and The Chicago Theatre. MSG Entertainment is also building a new state-of-the-art venue in Las Vegas, MSG Sphere at The Venetian, and has announced plans to build a second MSG Sphere in London, pending necessary approvals. In addition, the Company features the original production – the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes – and through Boston Calling Events, produces the Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG Entertainment umbrella is Tao Group Hospitality, with entertainment dining and nightlife brands including Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Cathédrale. More information is available at www.msgentertainment.com.
MSG is looking for an accomplished Senior Technical Artist with skills developing tools and creative assets for a variety of real-time technologies. This role requires in-depth technical knowledge and strong aesthetic inclination. The ideal candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of both real-time and standard production art pipelines. The Senior Technical Artist will assist teams of artists & engineers in tackling projects and provide support on complicated technical issues across our real-time content development ecosystem. You will be integral in developing next generation experiences for use in Sphere and across all MSG properties and partnerships.
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- Establish and maintain a robust real-time development workflow and keep the team up to speed via training and documentation.
- Prototype and test new features – help to develop the tools and techniques for creating content efficiently.
- Create, optimize, manage and setup art/assets and projects relying on real-time technologies.
- Provide specifications and best practice guidance for artists creating assets for use in real-time rendering applications.
- Liase with other departments, bridging practical knowledge across concept artists, production artists, and engineers.
- Document and communicate our real-time platform requirements with relevant hardware and software vendors.
- Stay on top of the latest industry developments, sharing key findings with the team at regular intervals.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a technical artist.
- Advanced understanding of the 3D rendering pipeline.
- Experience optimizing and setting up assets for use in real-time rendering.
- Ability to design and implement interactions and logic using Blueprints or similar.
- Demonstrated proficiency in creating shaders & materials.
- Advanced experience in content/VFX creation software, such as Maya, Zbrush, Houdini, Niagara, Cinema4D, Substance Designer/Painter, etc.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Advanced experience with real-time environments, game-engines, associated languages and workflows:
- Unreal / C++ & blueprints / Python and/or Unity / C#
- Shading (GLSL and/or HLSL)
- Source control using Git and Perforce
- Nice to have:
- TouchDesigner / Python 3.x
- Experience with machine learning and generative algorithms
Candidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred.
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.
At MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health choices, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations.