You’ll work with our Art Director and content team to create engaging, stylized VFX that enhance the live, motion-captured performance of musicians, singers, and DJs, ranging widely in style and mood. From fire breathed by a giant demon rapper, to ribbons of magic flowing from a violinist’s bow, to abstract effects yet to be imagined, your work will bring to life the movement and music of a performer in a way only possible in an interactive virtual concert environment.
- Collaborate with the Art Director, Creative Team, and Engineers to create visual effects that match support gameplay systems and environmental storytelling, ranging from stylized real world effects like weather, fire, smoke etc, to abstract audio visualization and UI
- Handle all aspects of the VFX pipeline, which includes creating content from pre-visualization concepts to final polished assets in game
- Assess artistic content and establish time and planning estimates by priority and importance
- Assist in training and knowledge sharing with other members of the team, including in a mentorship role
- Build and integrate assets into shows and find solutions that adhere to the style guide
- Collaborate with technical artists and other senior artists to ensure the technical and artistic quality
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction
- Work closely with the design team counterparts to shape and mold early design block-outs into spaces that work both for performances and desired art direction.
- Work closely with the Engineering, and Tech art teams to develop new workflows or improve upon existing tools and technologies to streamline efficiency.
- Efficiently communicate and support management and help communicate initiatives and company goals to the team
- Oversee optimization and debugging to fix the issues raised by testers
- Strong Demo reel / portfolio demonstrating high level of visual artistry
- Ability to create diverse, detailed and visually appealing VFX
- Mobile VFX development experience
- Expert knowledge of UE4 Niagara Tools
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated, independent, and has proven ability to self-manage and meet deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to new processes and pipelines
- 5+ years of VFX experience working in Unreal Engine
- At least 1 shipped AAA title in the Sr. VFX Artist Position
- Possess a foundation in traditional arts
- Knowledge of the UE4 Shader Graph system
- Understanding of Physically Based Rendering systems
- Experience with both rapid prototyping and shipping highly polished experiences
- Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce)
- Keeps up to date on new tech and industry trends
- Working knowledge of industry leading 3D modeling packages
- Musician/Music lover
- Passion for live events
- Experience developing musically reactive visuals