Full Job Description
Maxar is looking to add a Software Engineer to our team in Orlando FL. The OWT Software Engineer will work directly with Maxar’s One World Terrain (OWT) Engineering and subcontractor teams by providing software development services. The Software Engineer will be primarily responsible for creating new and innovative solutions to complex and challenging spatial problems. Additional responsibilities will include creating code documentation and coordinating with multiple software development teams. The ideal candidate will have prior experience working with mid and senior-level engineers in a distributed, DoD development environment.
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related information science field.
- 5+ years of direct software development experience.
- 3+ years of experience working in highly regulated DoD software development environments.
- Experience with AWS and gov.cloud.
- Knowledge of image processing and photogrammetry.
- Extensive knowledge in a variety of coding languages and syntaxes e.g. C, C++, C#, Python, etc.
- Experience developing geospatial/modeling & simulation programs or image generators.
- Experience in commercial gaming engines e.g. Unity, Unreal, etc.
- Experience working with distributed international team members.
- Proficient in technical writing for processes and procedures.
- Prior industry experience in U.S. Army Simulation & Training is strongly desired.
- Knowledge of geospatial data products.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.