Full Job Description
WB Games San Diego is creating the next generation of high quality, cross-platform games that bring iconic and beloved characters to life. Join our growing team of talented game makers and be a foundational part of a dynamic new studio as we strive to make an impact on the future of AAA free-to-play games.
WB Games San Diego is seeking a Software Engineer who is a client-side generalist that has some prior User Interface (UI) experience.
They must be a talented and hard-working individual who is hands-on, self-motivated, process-driven, customer-oriented, and who has a passion for developing software applications using a variety of technologies.
This person will work closely with the project engineering, art, and design leads to develop high-quality game features for AAA games.
What part will you play?
- You will be developing and implementing UI tieing into game systems and features, as well as integrating with internal and external shared services and libraries.
- Works closely with the project engineering team to architect and develop high quality, low-latency, and highly responsive code for game systems and features
- Perform peer code reviews and champion a high standard of code excellence
- Work with design and product teams for feature viability, costing, design completeness, and risk assessment
- Assess new market trends, features, technologies, and emerging techniques to stay competitive
What do we require from you?
- 2+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on cross-functional teams
- Experience on one or more successfully-published game titles working on User Interface.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or a related field) or equivalent work experience
- Experienced in C++
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures
- Experience with the Unreal Engine 4 (Core systems, player input, game modes, user interfaces, etc.)
- Strong problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Clear, concise, and transparent communicator – both written and verbal
- Be a self-motivated team player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to self-manage when given prioritized goals and objectives
- Seek out opportunities to improve technically and professionally
- A passion for video games
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.