Do you want to build a next generation system for enhancing human perception? Can you imagine a future where humans and machines work in concert to create a better world? We can. Come build it with us!
Proprio is a growing Seattle company building computer vision systems for surgery. We develop cutting edge algorithms, robotics and sensor systems to enhance the quality of medical care available to all people.
At Proprio, you’ll enjoy the ability to greatly influence our company as we grow, work across multiple domains, and have a voice in developing our culture. We value diversity in all forms and have at our core a strong sense of ethics and what it means to be a company actively pursuing social good. Our team works closely with leading medical and research institutions and has a deep background in neurosurgery, medical devices, entrepreneurship, robotics, and computer vision.
We are currently seeking a skilled and talented Software Engineer with a knack refining user experiences to join our CoreUX team. This person will work in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary team environment to implement new features and user experiences within Proprio products. We’re looking for a creative problem solver with a passion for calm experiences; someone who enjoys a challenge and is a constant advocate for product quality. All levels will be considered.
- Work closely with other system designers and business owners to lead the development and integration efforts of various parts of the system, from hardware to software
- Communicate with software developers and product owners to reveal and address any issues in the application experience development
- Coordinate with designers to continue to develop and refine tooling to better support a streamlined process
- Participate in and support research efforts to further understand and refine product use cases
- Define and promote Windows and Unity development best practices into the Proprio engineering culture
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Must have professional Unity development experience (2+ years)
- Proficiency in developing tools for Unity Editor
- Familiar with existing Unity GUI development tools (uGUI, USS)
- Experience with developing spatial and diegetic UIs often associated with 3D and VR game experiences
- Strong math skills with emphasis on 3D math
- A background in Virtual Reality development ideal
- Experience with mobile development preferred (i.e. touch screen interfaces) nice to have
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.
Proprio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, gender, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. We thrive on diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply to Proprio’s open positions.